Cab Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8 Magnum
My 2000 dodge ram 2500 with a 5.9 v8 4x4 caught on fire the other day and burnt every thing from the cab foward. The motor is still good just need electrical and ignition components and a new intake with fuel injectors. So my dad drove a 1995 dodge ram 1500 with a 5.2L 2WD and the transmission went out in it and we are going to try to use this cab to go back on mine. My questions are how much of the 5.2 parts can I use on the 5.9 with out having to buy new parts. I know I will need a new PCM and a new wiring harness, both of these vehicles have automatic transmissions, and both are single cab long beds but have different interiors so i don't know if there will be problems with mounting the different cabs.

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Your problem will be the difference between a 95 and a 00, not the engine. The mechanical differences between the two are minimal. The complete interior and all of the electrical are different between the two.