Cabin air filter install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This was a very easy 30 min install , simply remove the lower glove box , no tools required just release the retracting cord on the R/S and then push the sides of the glove box to free the mechanical stops and remove .
Once removed located the area to be cut out , easy to find just look @ the litle snap on door that comes with the kit . Take a good look at how the door goes on and you'll figure out what you need to cut and how . I used a box cutter with a new blade (pretty easy to cut) DO NOT LET ANY PIECES FALL IN , if they do fish them out , it goes into the impeller ( squirrel cage ) this would make lots of noise . I purchased my cabin air filter kit from www.allmoparparts.com , I think it was like $35 can't remember ...
.uploadfromtaptalk1434740603131.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434740620039.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434740647450.jpg

For clarification in case someone needs it , the white area with the writing on it is the filter before I snapped the cover plate / door over the filter to cover the hole previously cut out to allow the filter to slide in just above the impeller assy.

Now just put your glove box back in and wahla your done ! Don't forget the retract string !
uploadfromtaptalk1434740784627.jpg
Lol just had to do it while in my gallery !
GO HOGS !

Last edited:
OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is the benefits of doing this
Cleaner air ...
I know my truck gets dusty in a hurry inside , I found out Ram doesn't install cabin air filters any more , so I investigated it and found a kit . Simple install and a future replacement filter would be a 5 min jub with no tools required . I also found after installing it when my air is on med and high it sounds better , I had bit of a whistle on the higher modes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Island-cowboy