cabin filter 2015 really ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazygrady1948

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a lot of worse design flaws in these trucks than the lack of a cabin filter. The designer probably had the design in the plans but the big shots nixed it as a cost saving move.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2016 ram 2500 has a door/slot for filter...at 45,000 miles I thought- get I’ll replace that filter....bought one and went to replace and there wasn’t one in there to begin with

I’ve heard of that. You’d think that if there was a place to put a serviceable filter that they woulda stuck one in there at the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still find it a cheap move the FCA did not install a CAF in a few model years !
Did the mod on my 2015 about 3 years ago and man has that thing catch's a bunch of crap :O

Yeah, they should’ve had a replaceable filter even further back than that. My 2008 didn’t have one and even the 2004 Dakota I once had, and even the 2005 Dodge Stratus I had didn’t have one when a lot of cars back then and even before then, did.

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve heard of that. You’d think that if there was a place to put a serviceable filter that they woulda stuck one in there at the factory.

Bean counters.... Save $3.00 on ever Ram truck you build, now the CEO can get a new boat.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i hope the guy that forgot to put in the door to replace the filter got fired.
what a **** poor design.

Just be glad you already had a place to put one with access door already there and that you didn’t have to get under there with a razor knife and cut that piece of plastic out and buy the panel separately.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2016 1500 Big Horn built for Canada doesn't have the door. Have to do the mod if I want it.

I don’t know how many dirt roads you drive on up there but since it’s a really good idea to keep all that trash and dirt out of a really hard to get to AC evaporator that will affect your airflow as the dirtier it gets, it would be in your best interest to put you a cabin filter in there since you can, and since the parts to do it aren’t that expensive.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As silly as that may sound, that’s very very possible.

If it saved 2 cents per unit they would try it for sure if they want to cut costs.Been going on forever.Doesn't have to be a big buck item to save a bunch.Why do you think all the Big 3 at some point installed front end parts with no grease fittings?Wasn't because they were gonna last forever without lube.

dhiller123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i hope the guy that forgot to put in the door to replace the filter got fired.
what a **** poor design.
The Vista Cruiser I grew up in (yes, I just dated myself!) didn't have one either. Still here to talk about it.

Doesn't look like a life or death situation to me.

Diller
'14 Outdoorsman CC

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
The Vista Cruiser I grew up in (yes, I just dated myself!) didn't have one either. Still here to talk about it.

Doesn't look like a life or death situation to me.

Diller
'14 Outdoorsman CC

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
I also had a Vista Cruiser lol But I am way older then you lol ! I agree for years we never had a CAF and rarely had issues, And not life and death, but the crap I get on mine is worth the effort to mod it and change the CAF at least once a year ! I live rural with acres of pine trees and leaves, A ton of that crap gets caught by the CAF so for me well worth it

Patriot_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the mod kit from Geno's Garage for the 2012 1500 Laramie I owned and had it installed in about 15 minutes. Get a kit from there or Amazon, you'll be glad you did after checking on the filter in a few months.