Cabin interior space

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smasher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500 Bighorn
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I am on the look for a new truck.I like very much the 2019 Ram 1500 but comparing size cabin interior space with the Silverado I noticed Ram is short on head space and leg room for driver.I am a 6 foot 9 inches tall guy.I currently have a Chevy Tahoe 1996 and my head room space is low.Will Ram increase their cabs for next year?

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've driven the Ram and Silverado. I'm 6'4" and 300 lbs. No issues in either. The Ram actually feels roomier to me. Sit in both and see which one fits you better. Everyone is different, so give it a try. I have a long torso, so headroom is more important for me. Though legroom is also.

Good luck.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ram is roughly on a 7 year cycle with product changes so if it doesn't fit you now, I'd look to something that is available now to meet your needs.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Smasher, have you sat in Ram? i'm 6", granted, but I was surprised that with my seat right back its tippy toe on the pedal for me almost. And the Ram has wide seats (2018 version but I believe the 2019s have even more cab room). i have always found the Rams feel quite large compared to others.

Jim Zilisch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm 6'4" and issue I have is not leg or head room it's lack of telescoping steering wheel. I move seat back to get leg room and it seems steering wheel is too far away. Really stupid cost saving decision by RAM. Like other aspects of the truck but right now it seems uncomfortable and I may end up selling at some point because of it.

OtterOS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am on the look for a new truck.I like very much the 2019 Ram 1500 but comparing size cabin interior space with the Silverado I noticed Ram is short on head space and leg room for driver.I am a 6 foot 9 inches tall guy.I currently have a Chevy Tahoe 1996 and my head room space is low.Will Ram increase their cabs for next year?
I'm 6 foot 10 and the refreshed RAM was the best fitting for my proportions of all the trucks I test drove. One thing I did notice (not that it's the same for you) is I was pretty much forced into bucket seats because the bench seats cramped me into a very awkward seating arrangement. I suppose I'm too wide for bench seats these days lol.

It's crazy how different each consumer is, it must better a nightmare for the manufacturers lol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I traded a '17 gmc sierra ccsb 4x4 slt for my '19 laramie and I can tell you the laramie is much roomier in the front and back, and the rear has a flat foor, seats that recline a little and rear a/c. gm trucks not in the same league except I think they maybe use a little better materials for seat covers. also the steering wheel is not off center in the ram

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 6'4" and issue I have is not leg or head room it's lack of telescoping steering wheel. I move seat back to get leg room and it seems steering wheel is too far away. Really stupid cost saving decision by RAM. Like other aspects of the truck but right now it seems uncomfortable and I may end up selling at some point because of it.
The 5th gens have telescoping steering now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk