Camper Shell on 4th Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want one.

Wife says no cause they look "grampa-ish" lol

I likem! :happy107:

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I want one.

Wife says no cause they look "grampa-ish" lol

I likem! :happy107:

My wife told me the exact same thing!

I think they look sick on a truck that is configured & built for off grid / survivalist / zombie apocalypse err fighting vehicle for the next war on American soil... (it's coming if the wicked witch is elected)

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, from that response, I take it you might have some first hand experience on the matter. I forgot about the tailgate. Well, thanks for the answer.

Mine was on a HD but the change from 3rd gen to 4th gen are the same on the 1500's. I had an ARE Z series on my '08 CTD and traded that truck for a '10 CTD (exact same color so I thought sweet, just swap my cap over!) and that's when I discovered the fitment issue due to the tailgate. Been going back and forth about getting another one ever since but they are just so dagum $$$$!

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah the ARE windows do not match that of the Dodge.

I found a picture of the shell I want on a 4th Gen. Good looking truck and the camper matches the style of the truck.

user1438_pic2483_1308891386-1.jpg

Do you guys think that would look good on my rig?

I haven't had a shell since the mid 90's ....And it's main purpose was protecting ridiculous amounts of ear damaging audio equipment... that I deeply regret....

I haven't seen a shell I like for our trucks... Till this one... That's pretty damn nice!

If/when my hearing completely craps out.... I'll grab one of those.. Load up the 4 15 inch woofers again... I won't hear it, but I'll sure as hell feel it!

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The leer caps match the lines of the truck pretty well. I ended up returning an ARE cap due to quality issues.

Sent from a field

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have an ARE Z series and I really love the look of it I love the curved back window . For my taste it look better than the flat window of the leer xq.

IMG_20160505_151836_zpsoc3oegsx.jpg

IMG_20160505_151850_zpsbytaq0ij.jpg

Last edited:

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) It seems like all the canopy mfgs make the matching RAM body shapes, so it pretty well boils down to your option preference--

I chose ARE because of their "OVERLAND" option/w black borders-

IMG_3487_zpsuogkeoxc.jpg

The black breaks up the yellow, so my daughter named it the "Bumblebee"
IMG_3485_zpsziwidnrm.jpg

Whatever

:crazy: JIMBO

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a huge deal on a Fibrobec z series ( I think in the usa they are branded as "Are") I paid 900$ for it .

I hesitated for a long time about getting one and I didn't regret it so far.

I really love the fit of this topper on my truck and match really well with all my mods.

IMG_20160505_151850_zpsbytaq0ij.jpg

IMG_20160505_151829_zpsmczqqxe5.jpg

IMG_20160505_151836_zpsoc3oegsx.jpg

This sold me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will_Power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry for the necropost, fellas, but this seemed to be the most germane thread with so many posts already.

Question for those who have had their caps a while now: how are you liking your ARE and Snugtops?

Those two brands are what it's boiled down to for me, and I can't make up my mind. Seems like quality is still a crapshoot, even if you pay for the top of the line in the Snugtops.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Sorry for the necropost, fellas, but this seemed to be the most germane thread with so many posts already.

Question for those who have had their caps a while now: how are you liking your ARE and Snugtops?

Those two brands are what it's boiled down to for me, and I can't make up my mind. Seems like quality is still a crapshoot, even if you pay for the top of the line in the Snugtops.

I purchased a used ARE Z-series cap for my 14 Sport over a year ago. It was built in 2013 and had been on two trucks prior to my buying it. It had been repainted when I got it and I repainted it again to match my white truck. Through all of this change and handling it has no cracks, the interior still looks great and the hardware still functions well. I can't give a better endorsement than this.

37sWu1w.jpg