Can’t work with Florida dealers but shout out to my Cali dealer Elk Grove!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Buying a new truck has been a little frustrating. I really wanted to order a truck but dealer sales don’t call you back etc. I went to shop a few dealers in my area (5 different ones) and they ranged any where from sticker to 4k over with a AMV attached.
I got online with one which showed 8k under sticker and I was there ready to go and I get the “well our online system is new and thats just not realistic“ and I’m like it’s your advertisement man lol. Anyway he tells me they can’t possibly do that price. Plus the fees are ridiculous.
Gives me this instead
Msrp 46,175$
Discounts and rebates 4100$
Selling price 42075
Doc fees 998+389$
Sales tax 2632.75$
Tag and title 452$
Which puts it back up over sticker.

So I look at my closest dealer which has a 4k markup over sticker
MSRP 44600
2k adjusted market value
500 tint
i can’t remember the other fees
total 48200 not including
1400 dealer fees
sales tax
tags
I’m like your fn crazy man

They had 4 TRXs for 30k adjusted market value wtf

So then my wife was like hey remember we bought 2 Jeeps from that dealer in CA and they had good deals you should check them

I pull up their website and bam I find my truck

I didn’t pay the tax or tag fees in the pic as I’m out of state and will pay them here at the DMV but even paying a grand to ship (same as the stupid doc fee here) I still end up pretty decent. Might not be the best deal out there but I’m happy. Elk Grove CDJ and Jason was my salesman so you know who they are. My third new vehicle in 2 years from them I should have just went there first, what they put online is what you pay.

Attachments

• 8DABD606-11A1-45E3-80AD-FDFC00020DCD.jpeg
    8DABD606-11A1-45E3-80AD-FDFC00020DCD.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 34
  • 7E4297BD-9D3F-4EE5-A8E3-9EE4CF51B549.jpeg
    7E4297BD-9D3F-4EE5-A8E3-9EE4CF51B549.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 33
  • EBBB3202-EFF4-4981-B691-A224A3B905F9.jpeg
    EBBB3202-EFF4-4981-B691-A224A3B905F9.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 34

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^^^^^^ GL on all this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OP
OP
Razorbackfan

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I ended up 40,794 but I have shipping, tax and tag yet. Shipping is about the same as the doc fee here so it will end up about 44k all in on a 47k sticker. In this crazy time I see it as a win.
My credit Union has me at 1.9% so not too bad. They have 0% but 36 months so payment would be a bit high.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i had a dealer pull a bait and switch on me a couple months back.i put down a deposit on a '21 power wagon,called the dealer to check on the delivery date.they tell me it's not available now and tried to upsell me on a 3500 loaded laramie.higly illegal in my area.i should have reported it but i told a different dealer what went down and they went out of their way to get me into a truck at a good price.fortunate for me because there wasn't more than a couple p/w's left in western canada.we used to deal with that garbage dealer for over 20 years.they'll never get a single dollar from us ever again.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you found a better deal, sucks it has to be so far away! It's the same way up in my part of the country as well so I ended up ordering from 1500 miles away, on that note...

If you want something closer to home next time, check out Mark Dodge in Louisiana. Regular dealer discount of around 11-13.5% off msrp on orders, before rebates, and reasonable fees (doc fee did just go up to $444 but no other stupid add ons).

Congrats on your new truck though and good job not accepting your local dealers BS.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had a similar financial drama with a Ram dealership in northern VA. Thought we had a deal (they included phrase "total savings of MSRP") in the contract. Then added destination charge back in. I said MSRP includes DF so total savings can't have it added back. They said they do that all the time. I just walked out door without a word and bought two states away. Some places will serve the customer, some their own pockets. Glad you got your deal!

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Jim Browne in Dade City did ok by me in February. I thought they were fair and very responsive. Don't know how close that is to Orlando. But I guess it's a moot point now.
Good luck on your truck.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
Buying a new truck has been a little frustrating. I really wanted to order a truck but dealer sales don’t call you back etc. I went to shop a few dealers in my area (5 different ones) and they ranged any where from sticker to 4k over with a AMV attached.
I got online with one which showed 8k under sticker and I was there ready to go and I get the “well our online system is new and thats just not realistic“ and I’m like it’s your advertisement man lol. Anyway he tells me they can’t possibly do that price. Plus the fees are ridiculous.
Gives me this instead
Msrp 46,175$
Discounts and rebates 4100$
Selling price 42075
Doc fees 998+389$
Sales tax 2632.75$
Tag and title 452$
Which puts it back up over sticker.

So I look at my closest dealer which has a 4k markup over sticker
MSRP 44600
2k adjusted market value
500 tint
i can’t remember the other fees
total 48200 not including
1400 dealer fees
sales tax
tags
I’m like your fn crazy man

They had 4 TRXs for 30k adjusted market value wtf

So then my wife was like hey remember we bought 2 Jeeps from that dealer in CA and they had good deals you should check them

I pull up their website and bam I find my truck

I didn’t pay the tax or tag fees in the pic as I’m out of state and will pay them here at the DMV but even paying a grand to ship (same as the stupid doc fee here) I still end up pretty decent. Might not be the best deal out there but I’m happy. Elk Grove CDJ and Jason was my salesman so you know who they are. My third new vehicle in 2 years from them I should have just went there first, what they put online is what you pay.

Great looking truck! I went to one of my local dealers here in NW Louisiana and they had $48K as their selling price for three different 1500 Laramie Sports. I get there and I'm looking at one of the Sports and the salesman tells me the internet price is wrong. So my wife see's another Sport, says to the salesman, "Well how about this one? It says $50K on the window. Salesman walks over there and lifts the other sticker up and says nope, it's $54K like the other one. Come inside and let me see if we can work a deal. His finance manager kept coming up to me after knocking $100 off here and there. I finally told the guy to give me my frickin keys. I found a Flame Red 1500 Laramie Night Edition with way more features out in Rockwall, TX for $49,000.00 after rebates.

OP
OP
Razorbackfan

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Jim Browne in Dade City did ok by me in February. I thought they were fair and very responsive. Don't know how close that is to Orlando. But I guess it's a moot point now.
Good luck on your truck.
It’s actually not too far, I did work with them on a Pacifica couple years ago and I thought it was a good deal and salesman was a decent guy.

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dealt with Jim Browne in Tampa on my 2021. And worked with Jim Browne in Dade City in the past.

They did me good. This was in January.

And I have a friend/co worker in Orlando that was trying to buy a Limited last month.... My salesman at Jim Browne worked hard and managed to find him a truck.
Took him about ten days, but he was able to come up with the truck, in the color he wanted even. No BS Fees, up charges, discounted it some of the sticker etc.

My friend was thrilled he had been ****** around by the central Florida dealers.

wwest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same issues in FL. Finally bought a hassle free 2500 limited Big Horn in Durango, CO and drove it back to sunny humid FL. What irritated me is a lot of dealers list trucks but they really don't have them. If a truck is not on the lot and is in transit with no due delivery date say so or don't advertise it.

Bagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check with Mark Dodge in Lake Charles LA, they easily beat my dealers in the Florida panhandle.

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
I live in San Diego, CA and couldn’t get anyone to deal on a factory order. I ended up going to Dennis Dillon in Idaho and got exactly what I wanted at a great price. They picked me up at the airport, and 2 hours later I was on the road driving home. A great experience all around

18MegaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I live in San Diego, CA and couldn’t get anyone to deal on a factory order. I ended up going to Dennis Dillon in Idaho and got exactly what I wanted at a great price. They picked me up at the airport, and 2 hours later I was on the road driving home. A great experience all around
I'm also in San Diego. I was going to go to Dennis Dillon, but they had no inventory. I was able to find a truck in Orange County for a "fair" price. At least what might be considered fair in these times. Did you check out Lake Elsinore? They are marking up $10k over MSRP.

Southern Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck with the truck, just shows you how much prices have gone up.

OP
OP
Razorbackfan

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It’s on its way to me now. Shipping is considerably higher now than it was a couple years ago when I transported the same distance. Fuel costs are cheaper so I guess it must be just equipment costs.
I broke even between shipping from out of state or paying the Florida doc fees. The silver lining is I’m helping a mom and pop transporter instead of lining a rich guys pockets.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn