Can I reset the dashboard service indicators myself? Ram 2500 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

chovyfu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I disconnected the red one and it sparked, but appeared to solve my problem. If I disconnect the black do I still need to disconnect the red?

Bob_M

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I disconnected the red one and it sparked, but appeared to solve my problem. If I disconnect the black do I still need to disconnect the red?
That spark was caused by the circuit completing. You should not get a spark when connecting the negative cable.
No, only the Black (Negative) needs to be disconnected.
The only time both cables need to be disconnected is when you are replacing the battery.
Bob

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
These trucks need a good battery, and as others said , get a battery charger, don't have to be big, and do not ever short out the + red battery post. Always put on the + wire , and then the - last.
Back in the old days , it did not really matter, these days it does and a battery could be 1/2 dead and start a truck, not now.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
These trucks need a good battery, and as others said , get a battery charger, don't have to be big, and do not ever short out the + red battery post. Always put on the + wire , and then the - last.
Back in the old days , it did not really matter, these days it does and a battery could be 1/2 dead and start a truck, not now.
In the old days of metal bumpers you could get away with nosing both vehicles together and only needing one jumper cable to tie the 2 positives together. I remember my dad boosting a neigbours truck on the side of the road by nosing the 2 trucks together and using a piece of scrap barbed wire from a pasture fence that the neighbour had laying in the box of his truck, to tie the 2 positives together,can't do that anymore with the bumpers we have now,lol

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
The old Dodge , Fargo etc where positive ground at one time . 6 volt af coarse, made it hard to put newer radios in them, On my 49 I ran a 12v battery for the radio until I got a newer grain truck