Cannot get Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I live in Southeast Tennessee, and this past Sunday, (10/08/2023) we made a trip to Pigeon Forge. On the way back home, a 2 hour drive, we stopped at a Krystal and got 12 cheese Krystals, 1 order of fries, and 2 large drinks. Wanna know the tab for that? $33 and change. If we didn't have our fur baby with us, we could have stopped and ate at a restaurant for just a few dollars more. This economy is ridiculous for those on fixed incomes, and I might add, even those who work a 40 hour week, wages can't keep up with the rate of inflation. Something needs to change, and soon, or there will be a lot more homelessness in this country.

I agree with you.

I think people have just given up on trying to cope with inflation. They are spending and buying from Krystas etc or else we would be reading about how stores are closing and and they can't raise prices.

BUT, people here are saying workers need raises BUT we don't like the high prices that go along with that.

BUT, it isn't only wages going up. Take Florida costs are going up because of:

Insurance - hurricanes

Growth - cities need to increase taxes

Crime - higher price

Crime - higher ins

Housing - influx of people

jmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 Hemi
I asked my parts guy and he said it's the strike against Penske and they are the ones who deliver parts to the dealers.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I asked my parts guy and he said it's the strike against Penske and they are the ones who deliver parts to the dealers.
Hmmm. Big parts, maybe. Most of the deliveries here come Fedex direct from Cleveland in a van.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 99806 miles.

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So on Wed I was getting my truck ready for a camping trip and I notice a puddle of oil next to my rear tire. Looked under the truck and the shock is coated with oil and oil dripping from lower shock mount. Went to Autozone but they have none in stock and none in the warehouse. Called my RAM dealer ( truck is a 2022 Ram 2500 with 11K miles) and they said bring it in the next day and we will take care of it. So Thur morning I was there at 8am and dropped it off. Got a call at 930, yep its the shock and we are trying to located one. Call at 4PM no luck on shock, computer says due to strike no parts from my distro and none in the local warehouses. They did a wider search at dealers and either no one has one or they wont let it go. So now I either let the truck site there for who knows how long or option 2 purchase aftermarket and pay them to install them. So I went to Advance Auto and they has RS5000 in the warehouse and would have them @ 730AM friday morning. SO I just got done dropping the shocks off at the dealer so I can get my truck back.

I dont know if there are any UAW workers on here but I think all these guys striking should be fired and replaced with people who want to work. Striking manufacturing is one thing, striking parts depo only affect the people who already bought the vehicle. You really think the big three care about cars already on the road. What if I needed my truck for work, no I would be out of a job as well. This crap is just BS.
My opinion only if you do a lot of hauling with your truck you should have bought the RS9000 they are adjustable for when your not towing but perform a lot better. Just my opinion. and they have a really good warranty.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
So, since this got bumped, did you ever get the parts and how long did it take?

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
My opinion only if you do a lot of hauling with your truck you should have bought the RS9000 they are adjustable for when your not towing but perform a lot better. Just my opinion. and they have a really good warranty.
Great shocks

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And I agree with you on the unions.