Can't Adjust Headlights Up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack W

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought a 2010 1500. Headlights were aimed at the ground. I've watched ALL the videos on how to adjust them. Tried adjusting them up, no movement at all. So I bought a pair off Amazon. These will adjust up but not much better. The adjuster is not broken, I can see it move the light. It just won't go high enough. I've then tried adjusting the housing it self. Put spacers under the lower bolt tab. That helped, but not much.

What am I not doing right?

OP
OP
J

Jack W

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Rado. I watched the videos in your post. Thank you, but none address the issue I'm having. I have the headlight adjuster so tight I'm afraid anymore and it'll break. I've played with both headlights off the truck on my bench. No improvement. No problem with the adjusters, the bulb housing moves up and down as it should. Just can't get them high enough. I'm beginning to think the housings are not assembled correctly.

Would a 2" level kit on the front suspension help?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Hello Rado. I watched the videos in your post. Thank you, but none address the issue I'm having. I have the headlight adjuster so tight I'm afraid anymore and it'll break. I've played with both headlights off the truck on my bench. No improvement. No problem with the adjusters, the bulb housing moves up and down as it should. Just can't get them high enough. I'm beginning to think the housings are not assembled correctly.

Would a 2" level kit on the front suspension help?
Not trying to be a wise guy, but are the bulbs seated?

Nice video to check where the headlights need to be:

You know the specific specifics of adjusting the headlights on the truck so you don't need that.

OP
OP
J

Jack W

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, bulbs are seated installed correctly.

Could LED help?

OP
OP
J

Jack W

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Problem solved. Changed out the quad bulb headlights for dual bulb headlights. Now they are adjusted.