Can't find my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nibenza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Secured a new 2022 2500 from a dealer in ID that stated on the website it was in transit. I secured financing, gave them a deposit for the truck and aftermarket stuff I want put on but after 3 weeks they still can't locate or give me an ETA. They keep saying the tracking website is down. It may be but seems odd its down so long. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
In the new world order of truck buying, "In transit" means it's been wheeled out of the factory and is parked on a lot somewhere awaiting the installation of some computer module being held up by lack of computer chips. GM ships them with deleted items listed on the window sticker and can add them later, for a cost. I think RAM just waits until the parts get there.

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I ordered a Ford back in November of 2021. "In transit" is code speak for "We have no idea if or when your truck will finally arrive." I finally gave up and bought a new Ram two months ago. Just managed to find one on a lot in Vegas that no one had purchased yet. Meanwhile I have let the Ford order ride since they did not want a deposit from me. I still have not received notice the truck is in production.

OP
OP
N

Nibenza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So the dealer can't find out that it's been wheeled out and sitting in a lot somewhere? Whether it's actually shipped or not? All he is telling me that it's been built and shipped. So this tracking website being down is a lie? So a dealer is lying????? That can't be )

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just FYI, the system that we use to track vehicles, VIN track, is ran by a third party, OBT. This company was hit by a ransomeware attack about two weeks ago and are currently in the process of trying to launch a new system. I know it sounds crazy, but it is in fact true. I have several customers that have vehicles in-transit and I cannot give them updates. It is very frustrating for us at the dealers as well as for our customers.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Secured a new 2022 2500 from a dealer in ID that stated on the website it was in transit. I secured financing, gave them a deposit for the truck and aftermarket stuff I want put on but after 3 weeks they still can't locate or give me an ETA. They keep saying the tracking website is down. It may be but seems odd its down so long. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
FYI, "in transit" can also mean that its sitting in the MX secure rail yard waiting to be loaded on to a rail car, I have heard that built trucks do not get loaded on a rail car until it has X number of units going to a single designated location..

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The transit time for an HD is more like 6-8 weeks depending on your location. Took my buddy's truck about that, it was built back in February and he just picked it up.

OP
OP
N

Nibenza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thanks for the replies. It's been built, I have the build sheet and checked that website. It's out there somewhere, the wait continues.

RandyMarionCDJR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
They aren't lying friend. These are wild times and Stellantis never anticipated the market to go to mainly orders therefore, the systems are not quite prepared for this at all either. We are all entering a growing phase with the new climate we are operating under & things will improve as time is given to us.

wwestbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty much the same story. But on my first check back. The “Accounting” manager said it was noted on 2nd train?? Most likely BS. On top of that USBANK can’t get me a lean release… paid off 27 April,still no release. But a new debit card only took three business days. WTH!

OP
OP
N

Nibenza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Can anyone tell me if VIN track system is still down?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

wwestbro,​

If your Ram was a 1500, which would be built in Michigan, the Train your Ram is on, first goes to a Railroad Hub just outside of Chicago, it would likely be a Union Pacific Locomotive powering the line of Freight Cars.

At the Chicago Hub, they separate the freight cars, they are divided into groups, such as North, Northwest, South, Southeast, East, NorthEast

Each Territory is owned by different Railroad companies

Your particular freight car, the one that contains your Ram, is going directly South to St. Louis, where the train will again be separated to go in directions West, South or East
Second Train
Could be hooked up to a different Union Pacific or a BNSF or even Norfolk Southern Locomotive

Then it will go to Wentzville or Kansas City with a Norfolk Southern Locomotive powering it, which could be a Third Train

In Chicago
, it may take a few days to sort things out.
In St. Louis, it may only take an hour or two

Don't worry, trains run from Hub to Hub almost 24 hours per day

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

Nibenza

using your V.O.N. , check this site

using your V.I.N. , check this site

I don't think this video has been posted on this forum before this

It tells about order status & what the Sales Managers know, but not necessarily your salesman knows