Carpeting alternative?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don’t know why were still putting carpet in vehicles...the one substance that does a better job of keeping dirt in place rather than making it easy to clean up. Has anyone ripped their carpet out? Replaced with rubber? Line X? Really like my floor mats, but they only do so much......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
saw thread here few days back search:
Rubber floor liner
for a 19, IDK what cab,you have, but they make aftermarket lines to replace carpet for the older models. What about weather tech type?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don’t know why were still putting carpet in vehicles...the one substance that does a better job of keeping dirt in place rather than making it easy to clean up. Has anyone ripped their carpet out? Replaced with rubber? Line X? Really like my floor mats, but they only do so much......

Order the molded vinyl floor that would come in the tradesman?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Why do you carpet your house? Because it is "luxurious", adds noise reduction and heat/cold insulation value, and exactly the reason you stated above, it hides the dirt in the fibers.

OP
OP
H

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’d much rather have something practical instead of someone else’s version of “luxurious”. Hardwood and tile floors in the house for a reason.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty simple, gross majority of people want carpet for the reasons sbarron listed. Therefore, most vehicles have it. If most people wanted vinyl floor, most cars would have it. Wouldn't make sense to make 50% of cars with vinyl floors if only 2% of consumers wanted them.

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I’d much rather have something practical instead of someone else’s version of “luxurious”. Hardwood and tile floors in the house for a reason.

I must agree, prior to my Ram I had an FJ Cruiser and would love that flooring again. Also have hardwood and tile. Funny how ours tastes transfer to our vehicles.

Iowa ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Purchased 2019 1500, used, 13,000 miles, Longhorn.

I didn't come with carpet Mata, just weather mats, Oem.

Where can I find quality mats for just the front, and not pay an outrageous price, but appreciate quality?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I use the WeatherTech floor mats that have the high sides for the front seats. These keep the dirt, snow, mud, etc. contained and are easy enough to pull up and dump.

I have had 4 Willys and these were Spartan vehicles where even the heater and radio were extras. They had a rubber type flooring that did nothing to collect the dirt which tended to roll around until it was vacuumed out.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the factory high side rubber ones. I like these more than I thought I would. I bought the carpet ones when I first got the truck, figuring I would swap these out once winter was over, but these are really good at trapping dirt and so the carpet ones are still sitting in the garage.

When I retire and my truck and me isn't covered in grime all the time I will probably switch to the carpets in the spring, summer and fall.

Don DePontee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just bought the new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and installed the Weathertech front and rear which are a perfect form fit, simply unsnap and remove the factory installed floor mats and snap in the new Weathertech floor mats. They look great.