Carven Muffler Replacment + NO ANC = massive drone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Just an fyi for anyone who is thinking about installing the Carven one cut muffler replacement but has bypassed ANC for some reason. This muffler will put out a ton of drone between 1500-1800 rpm. Even worse when MDS kicks in.

The ANC system actually does a great job of reducing drone in the cab. I had to unhook mine due to the ANC thump issue.

However, the Carven exhaust does sound sick when there isn’t drone!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just wondering why you don't have the ANC system fixed? It's a brand new truck after all.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wondering why you don't have the ANC system fixed? It's a brand new truck after all.
apparently there is no dealer fix right now. I have seen it mentioned by several people that the dealer tells them Ram is working on it.

Roll Tide Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I loved the Carven on my 2017 even with the drone. But I don't want it on my 22 Rebel. I will be towing more with this truck and don't think I could handle it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have the Competitor series on my truck and I fawken love it !!!! .... there is some drone but nothing too unbearable ... I might end up getting the Mufflex j pipe to get rid of most of the drone since I have seen some good reviews and youtube videos about it ...

OP
OP
wsutard1

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I have the Competitor series on my truck and I fawken love it !!!! .... there is some drone but nothing too unbearable ... I might end up getting the Mufflex j pipe to get rid of most of the drone since I have seen some good reviews and youtube videos about it ...
Where does it go? Before or after the muffler?

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the question is how much does the ANC
Just an fyi for anyone who is thinking about installing the Carven one cut muffler replacement but has bypassed ANC for some reason. This muffler will put out a ton of drone between 1500-1800 rpm. Even worse when MDS kicks in.

The ANC system actually does a great job of reducing drone in the cab. I had to unhook mine due to the ANC thump issue.

However, the Carven exhaust does sound sick when there isn’t drone!
How much do you think the ANC reduces the drone? this might be a selling point on me getting the muffler as my ANC works fine. Carven has the best bark for exhaust but the drone is god awful. ( I had it on my 4th gen)

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really envy when I hear a good exhaust. Just not enough to sacrifice the serenity of my silent cabin! ;)

SixAddict

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was looking at the Carven muffler, actually a couple different muffler options, and as stated above didn’t want to deal with any drone.

Went with Borla touring cat back and couldn’t be happier, there is no drone, zero at any speed, gear etc. The touring setup isn’t the loudest, as a matter of fact it’s the least loudest.

I didn’t want a race car loudness,(I have that with the vette) but I did want some rumble and no drone. The Borla met that requirement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam