Carven progressive muffler LOUD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
William Hastings

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im gonna look more into gdawgs suggestions, solo or borla. I shelled out 325 already, cant see adding another pipe for 175. Now im close to a cat back system. I gotta do some more homework on the solos, did a quick search not long ago and came up with a bunch of posts from here and the Z forum. Pretty sure i read there quality wasnt all that great a few years back. Hopefully that changed, do the have a lifetime warranty on there products? I think nick sells the clamp in mach 40 for $362. Surprised the Carven is cheaper just appears to have a superior quality imo

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I decided to bite the bullet and ordered the Carven Progressive. I grew up with the tried and true Glasspacks. I loved the sound and they were pretty much a straight pipe that was perforated and wrapped with a fiberglass blanket. It wasn't until I bought my Super Bee that I started with the turbo style mufflers (i.e. Borla, Flowmasters, etc.) My 2012 Ram had a Borla take off, and it was fairly loud. I don't think the CP could or would be much more than that.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No filling in the Carven but it does sound good IMO. I listened to sound clips with headphones, on home surround sound and every other way possible. It way between this and Borla XR1. Went Carven because I liked bolt in swap kit style.

I have 0 regrets. Load and aggressive when I need it. Low rumble at mild throttle. Not much more over stock at cruise. Cold starts sound like a monster has been awoken. Wife doesn’t think it’s too loud for our road trips. Kids (2 under 3, nap through it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk