Castrol edge extended performance and hemi tick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i see the edge ep for a decent price at walmart and was wondering if anyone had good luck with this oil curing their hemi tick

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
i see the edge ep for a decent price at walmart and was wondering if anyone had good luck with this oil curing their hemi tick

Do you have hemi tick? Did you isolate it to lifter tick? As in rule out exhaust bolts? Can you post a warm idle youtube recorded from under engine?

Try testing? You can try it, if it doesn't work, try adding lubegard biotech or some other additive with good science behind it. Get a good filter as well, my truck ticks on some filters despite redline, i found RP filters work for me, and some other guys like srt filters more. Read oil filter thread. If those fail... Read the oil thread in my sig and see the results of redline. In other words, see if the cheap stuff works, but know there is an option out there with an incredible success rate. There is one thing for sure, hemi tick can be relieved in many situations with a sound lubrication strategy. Also, sometimes these strategies take time, in other words it can take 500 to 1500 miles to work, and that is what the science says as well.

There hasn't been a lot of Castrol testing, I wish we had some, I encourage you to try it.

OP
OP
Travis8352

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you have hemi tick? Did you isolate it to lifter tick? As in rule out exhaust bolts? Can you post a warm idle youtube recorded from under engine?

Try testing? You can try it, if it doesn't work, try adding lubegard biotech or some other additive with good science behind it. Get a good filter as well, my truck ticks on some filters despite redline, i found RP filters work for me, and some other guys like srt filters more. Read oil filter thread. If those fail... Read the oil thread in my sig and see the results of redline. In other words, see if the cheap stuff works, but know there is an option out there with an incredible success rate. There is one thing for sure, hemi tick can be relieved in many situations with a sound lubrication strategy. Also, sometimes these strategies take time, in other words it can take 500 to 1500 miles to work, and that is what the science says as well.

There hasn't been a lot of Castrol testing, I wish we had some, I encourage you to try it.

I dont have the tick just trying to maximize my knowledge of specific oils against the lifter tick. I know redline 5w30 seems to be very effective. I currently use pennzoil platinum