cd player question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5.9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Alright so i have had my truck for about 2 months now and have never had the need to play a cd so i never paid attention to any cd options. now i want to put a cd in my truck and for some reason i can not find the flippin spot to put it in. i have a casset player and under it there are the 5 buttons that have radio presets and also say disc on them. i do have a cd player then right? this is just confusing the hell out of me. i have looked at pictures and a lot of trucks have them where my casset player is or on the top of the deck. please help me! this should not be hard to find a cd player in this truck. and i havent heard of one without one. my truck is a 2002 1500 slt if that matters.....

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine (2013 model) cd player is in the lower part of the middle storage console. I have no clue about a 2002.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Does it have a hidden 6 disc changer somewhere.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

OP
OP

5.9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Thats what im trying to figure out. I hope there is because i really want to play a cd

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Look at the radio. If it has the CD option it will say so on the front of it. Also there were 2 models of radio's available then. The RAZ A and the RAZ. Both single CD cassette radios.
Here is a link to a site that has both: 2002 Dodge Ram Trucks Radio or CD Player Parts from Buy Auto Parts

Check them both out and see which is the one you have, or look on your radio for the letters RAZ A or RAZ. They bot are slot load at the top of the radio.

OP
OP

5.9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
There just simply isent anything there

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387338003042.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387338003042.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP

5.9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I've also noticed that I have a control for mids and not just bass and trebel like I've noticed on the stock radios for these trucks

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nope, no cd player. I know one of the buttons says disc but that doesn't mean it has it. What are the face plate letters? RBK? It should be just below the hour and minute adjustment.

You may have to do some research but one of the things Dodge does well is their ability to "plug and play". This means another (cd equipped) radio may plug right into your wiring harness. They go for as little as $100 on ebay and even come with an "AUX" port so you can plug in an ipod or the like.

OK NOW THEY ARE $145
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-JE...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item565e41bbc8&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
OP
OP

5.9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Well I am going to redo the stereo. I have a head unit to put in it but it will still be a while. Really bums me out that I don't have one stock though. Thanks for your guys!

OP
OP

5.9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Well I am going to redo the stereo. I have a head unit to put in it but it will still be a while. Really bums me out that I don't have one stock though. Thanks for your help guys!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Nope, no cd player. I know one of the buttons says disc but that doesn't mean it has it. What are the face plate letters? RBK? It should be just below the hour and minute adjustment.

You may have to do some research but one of the things Dodge does well is their ability to "plug and play". This means another (cd equipped) radio may plug right into your wiring harness. They go for as little as $100 on ebay and even come with an "AUX" port so you can plug in an ipod or the like.

OK NOW THEY ARE $145
Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM CD Disc Player SAT Radio MP3 iPod Aux Input 02 03 04 05 | eBay

Just like he says you did not get the cd option. I linked a couple that should be plug and play. Used ones are not trustworthy though and I attempt to avoid them like the plague.