CD player stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I’ve only had my 21 for less than a month and someone has already stole my CD player. However they did leave me a hole for my wallet. Actually I’m using that hole for a wallet, never used the CD player in the 19.
7DBBE3B2-FCF4-4103-8883-66359E9CDCF6.jpeg

JeffN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it would be nice if the Qi wireless charging pad was in that slot. I’m not much of a fan of where Ram put the wireless charging. The fact that I can’t seem to get it to work reliably probably colors my opinion on the matter.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well I’ve only had my 21 for less than a month and someone has already stole my CD player. However they did leave me a hole for my wallet. Actually I’m using that hole for a wallet, never used the CD player in the 19.
View attachment 228698
That looks like the factory cubby. It's actually FCA who stole it LOL.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Seriously....Not a scratch around it.
When I got my 2019 I said "a CD player???" Are CD players now so rare that they're being stolen these days?

I'll bet whoever took it has a mullet, drives an '84 Camaro and is playing Guns n Roses or Def Leppard CD's as we speak....

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
[QUOTE="I'll bet whoever took it has a mullet, drives an '84 Camaro and is playing Guns n Roses or Def Leppard CD's as we speak....[/QUOTE]

Now I have Hysteria running through my head. Thanks

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 228698
Are you serious or just foolin about a stolen CD player? Was not aware that Ram still installed them now that the system able able to play music from a thumb drive.
If you are serious about the theft, damn, that sucks, did they steal anything else? How did they get in and not destroy the dash?

Mehgyver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
When i got into my 2019 for the test drive at the dealership i looked down...looked at the dealer and said "CD Player" and he was like "Yeeeah...thats an option" at which point i just sorta chuckled.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are you serious or just foolin about a stolen CD player? Was not aware that Ram still installed them now that the system able able to play music from a thumb drive.
If you are serious about the theft, damn, that sucks, did they steal anything else? How did they get in and not destroy the dash?
CD player is an option. Like I said in my previous post, that's the factory cubby where the CD player would be if he had that option. The OP never had a CD player. He has a storage cubby instead...

Big Horn interior.PNG

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
No CD player but I have 19 speakers and 12 cup holders.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The player itself can be had for $100.
I wonder if it is plug and play besides the sales code entry.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
The player itself can be had for $100.
I wonder if it is plug and play besides the sales code entry.

CD player for your PC (if it does not already have one) - $15
Thumb Drive with 16GB space - $5
A few hours of your time - not all at once

I just ripped 750 songs for my neighbor because she lost her CD player when she bought her new Buick.

I would suggest to anyone, take the time and rip the songs and put the CDs in storage.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
CD player for your PC (if it does not already have one) - $15
Thumb Drive with 16GB space - $5
A few hours of your time - not all at once

I just ripped 750 songs for my neighbor because she lost her CD player when she bought her new Buick.

I would suggest to anyone, take the time and rip the songs and put the CDs in storage.

"songs" are ok on the radio, but when I put in a cd, I want to here the whole album.:)

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
"songs" are ok on the radio, but when I put in a cd, I want to here the whole album.:)

When you rip all the CDs down to the Thumb drive you can listen to them however you want, included but not limited to

Album
Artist
Genre
Song
Random
Etc...

All by a touch of a button or voice command. Hit voice button, "Play Album XXXXX", WIN. And it can play the Album in order or random. However you want it.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
:):):):):)
When you rip all the CDs down to the Thumb drive you can listen to them however you want, included but not limited to

Album
Artist
Genre
Song
Random
Etc...

All by a touch of a button or voice command. Hit voice button, "Play Album XXXXX", WIN. And it can play the Album in order or random. However you want it.
Well, I’m impressed. I always took you to be a lot like me - an 8 track aficionado! :)

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
:):):):):)
Well, I’m impressed. I always took you to be a lot like me - an 8 track aficionado! :)

I grew up right on the outside edge of 8 tracks. I had a player and a few but I was more in the 33/45 record era. Then this hillbilly found technology and it all went south! I got a degree in electronics, started working in fiber optics and then technology became my life.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
it would be nice if the Qi wireless charging pad was in that slot. I’m not much of a fan of where Ram put the wireless charging. The fact that I can’t seem to get it to work reliably probably colors my opinion on the matter.

before my laramie I had a '17 GMC sierra and the charging pad was a flat area on the console that you just tossed your phone on and it charged..nothing to plug in. very nice..dont know why the ram couldnt have the same system. on my '19 ram, the cd slot is down by the edge between the console and the dash and once I stuffed a cd there in the dark without looking real close and I missed the cd slot and the cd went inside under the dash. had to unbolt and slide console back to fish it out..am more careful now.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
before my laramie I had a '17 GMC sierra and the charging pad was a flat area on the console that you just tossed your phone on and it charged..nothing to plug in. very nice..dont know why the ram couldnt have the same system. on my '19 ram, the cd slot is down by the edge between the console and the dash and once I stuffed a cd there in the dark without looking real close and I missed the cd slot and the cd went inside under the dash. had to unbolt and slide console back to fish it out..am more careful now.

How hard was it to unbolt the console?
Did it give access to where the cd player was mounted?

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
not too bad. scoot the seats forward and remove the 2 back bolts under pop out plugs..one on each side near the rear. then scoot the seats back and pop the bolt covers out of each side and pull those bolts . then there are 2 bolts in the front top area under a trim piece on each side. they just pop out and then snap back in when you reassemble.

Hellcatsrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try to get Guns n Roses out of your head now. Go ahead and try. Just keep it out of your mind. And remember to keep it out of your mind......