Center Console Latch Clicking Constantly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
Hey There -

Just picked up a 2015 1500 Laramie and it has the center console with the dual level storage area. The storage areas latch securely, but anytime I put my elbow on the center console or hit a bump, it clicks. It appears to be the lower latch of the two, the one that connects to the deep basin that goes down to the frame. It's driving me nuts.

Anyone experienced this or solved it? I picked it up from the dealer for that and a few other things I had them working on, but they didn't fix this. Taking a road trip tomorrow for a week and would like to get it solved.

Saw a thread where someone put the little adhesive rubber buttons around it to keep it tight, but unsure if there is a more permanent fix or solution without modifying it.

Any help is appreciated!

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Seem to be a pretty common problem around 2015 RAM trucks. My 2015 RAM had the same issue and the dealer warrantied out the center console. I think others did what you have already figured out and played with rubber bumpers and/or felt to minimize the issue.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I meant to reply to this topic earlier but forgot between FB and here where it was asked. You're looking for the smaller version of this, via McMaster Carr and for the life of me I forget what they're called. It's what I did to stop the rattling with my center folding console with the CD player lower. One size up from what you have now is all you need, simply open up the hole the old one has and put the slightly bigger one in.

IMG_0146.jpg

Hankrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have the same issue with my 2015 but it comes and goes with the heat.
I may look into swapping out these "bump stops" as well.