center console squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a squeak coming from the center console when I rest my arm on it and while my arm is on it and I go over bumps. It's not loud but it's noticeable to me. The truck is a 2014 Sport QC with bucket seats and approximately 7900 miles. Is this something that can be looked at and fixed under warranty?

bkcloud114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had the same issue.... A little squirt of WD-40 into the latch mechanism cured it....

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
I have a squeak coming from the center console when I rest my arm on it and while my arm is on it and I go over bumps. It's not loud but it's noticeable to me. The truck is a 2014 Sport QC with bucket seats and approximately 7900 miles. Is this something that can be looked at and fixed under warranty?

Mine did this as well, annoyed the hell out of me, only started when the colder weather started.
I did not want to take to the dealer as I figured they would just replace the whole console, which would likely led to other issues with something in the console after the dealer was done.
Narrowed it down to either of the latches.
I did two things that made it stop altogether, so not 100% sure which one did the trick.
I sprayed the latches, rods, etc will silicone spray and I added a shim to where the latching mechanism is secured to the underside of the lid.