Ceramic coating vs wrap Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A quick question for the gurus here. Would ceramic coating headers aid in heat protection for engine components. ? Any info opinions appreciated.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
A quick question for the gurus here. Would ceramic coating headers aid in heat protection for engine components. ? Any info opinions appreciated.
Engine Masters did a test on this abit ago,and the ceramic coating didn't really reduce the radiated heat all that much over just painted headers,but the wrapped headers had a noticable reduction in radiated heat.
You'll get all kinds of guys telling you wrap rusts out headers,my JBA's are going on 10 years old,and have been "double" wrapped from word go,and they're still in pretty decent shape,and i soak them on a weekly basis,as i'm a touch an&l about keeping the engine compartment clean.
I'd rather replace a set of headers every dozen years,then fix hoses/wiring etc. that are in the vicinity of the headers every 1/2 dozen years.
I had the JBA's on my wifes 2019 Challenger ceramic coated and i also wrapped them,just to keep as much heat out of the engine compartment as i could, the Challengers/Chargers are a tight fit under the hood.
Your call Dave,but i'd never run any late model vehicle with long tubes with-out wrapping the headers,way to many things under the hood these days,that'll give you issues if you start baking them with header heat

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are the source..thanks again Rick. I have decided to get the Shortie header. Will send you a pm..dave