Ceramic Coating your own LT Headers treatment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddywardo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would it be safe to treat any metal in a grill? Since a range would be too small to fit them.
images

dumb question but I was curious haha.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can buy your own powder coating kit and just use an old electric oven.

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would it be safe to treat any metal in a grill? Since a range would be too small to fit them.
images

dumb question but I was curious haha.

I wouldn't use that grill for cooking anymore if you're gonna repurpose it for automotive.

RysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The ceramic coating process used on headers is different than the typical powder coating. The industrial grade process used by companies like Jet-Hot and Swain is pretty gnarly.

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah I won't, but it's possible to use it for that right?

Seems possible. YouTube brought up various how-to's on how to convert your equipment to cure coatings

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is completely unsolicited so if you wanna skip this post you can---IMHO there are smaller items that you can powder coat yourself and then put into your(a) oven to bake without any ill effects. I don't think that headers are in the category of something you want to do at home unless you have the "proper" equipment. I'm all for saving a few bucks where and when you can, but there are just some things that I think we should let people do that have the knowledge and proper equipment to do the job. I've learned many hard lessons and had to swallow my pride many times thinking I could handle a project, only to have to pay someone else to fix my screw up and then pay them do it the right way. IMHO you need to re-think your decision to do your headers at home and let a professional do it. Around Austin I think you can get them done for about $350-400, inside and out, including the cats and Y pipe.
Jay

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
For the price of about $350 to get them done inside and outside professionally including the cat and piping you are not saving a thing...creating only aggravation. You’ll also never achieve the same quality results.

ric3xrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the price of about $350 to get them done inside and outside professionally including the cat and piping you are not saving a thing...creating only aggravation. You’ll also never achieve the same quality results.

+111110000000000000000000000000
1) powder coated headers WILL NOT hold up the the heat.....Period
2) you are Soooooooooooo much better off have a pro do your headers , they NEED to be polished(burnished) for the Ceramic coating to work right, and polishing your own in your back yard with your DeWalt/Milwaukie hand drill is a waste of time.