Change chrome badges to painted...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassadict69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just bought a 2019 Laramie yesterday and it almost looks like the night edition, but has chrome badges, lettering and wheels. I eventually plan to put painted rims on but for now would like to change all the chrome badging.

Is there a good source for painted badges and lettering? How tough are they to remove and reapply?

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just pull the badges off and leave them off. Or you can buy the black ones that come on the factory night editions.

many ways to remove. I’d suggest using you tube so you can see. I use fish line and heat gun to peel off the tape.

stricnine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The front RAM badge can be purchased in black and requires removing the front grill to replace, or you can put vinyl over it. You can also vinyl the letters, etc on the hood. If not you will require the REBEL shroud for on top of the hood as it has black letters. Vinyl can be purchased on eBay. The rear RAM logo can be purchased in black.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would like to add to the questions. Understand that the RAM letters on the front can be changed to black, what about the HEMI 5.7L badges on each side of the hood? I have seen in black but not sure how much of a chore it would be to change those? Also, any quick fixes to change chrome exhaust tips to black. On my 13 I had thought about black out tape but those suckers do get hot. :)

ICurrie22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We just used Plasti-dip and painted my son's chrome badges on his 2008 Ram and they look awesome. Supper easy to do and look great. As for taking badges off, use dental floss. Double it up and saw back and forth. Then peel off the remaining adhesive and use goo gone or something like that to remove the residue. New badges will come with new adhesive. YouTube has videos on all this as well.