Changing Interior Trim Color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'd go with clear unless I wasn't happy with the color of my truck.

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The TRX has more in common with other 1500's than you think. Sure, much of the exterior sheet metal is different. Fenders, hood, grille and other front end pieces, and bed sides are all different. But from what I've read the remaining cab sheet metal are the same, which would include the doors. Meaning interior pieces will interchange among other trim levels.
Thats interesting to know because Ive been seeing a lot of TRX parts on Ebay these past few months while looking for laramie seats. If only that console would fit, sure would be nice to get away from a rotary knob transmission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thats interesting to know because Ive been seeing a lot of TRX parts on Ebay these past few months while looking for laramie seats. If only that console would fit, sure would be nice to get away from a rotary knob transmission.
Depends on what you mean by "fit". It will physically fit in your truck. If by "fit" you mean having a functional console shifter, you'll need to figure out how to make the electronics work if you're serious about making it work in your truck. The Laramie GT and Rebel GT both have console shifters, and use basically the same console as the TRX. I haven't done any research on this myself, I'm just going by what I've read in other Ram forums.