Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has/does anybody use the Butter Wet Wax from Chemical guys? I have been using the quick spray Banana Wax, but would like something a little more than just just a quick spray type of wax. I always look at the Butter Wet Wax, but the $18 price tag keeps me from pulling the trigger...

Anybody use/using it, good, bad or indifferent?

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have gallons of the stuff. Definitely not there best wax, nor is it priced that way or described that way. Its purpose for being really easy to work with and it is, goes on like butter hence the name. Its cheap vs comparables and I'd say worth the price for sure. But it definitely ain't no super quality wax, which would cost a lot more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Onison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 cummins
I wanted to try some of this as well. A buddy uses it and likes it a lot.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Give Adam’s paint sealer a try. Lasts longer than wax.

OP
OP
ClassicJoe

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Give Adam’s paint sealer a try. Lasts longer than wax.

Is that more like a ceramic type coating, as in I would need to do paint correction before applying, or is it as simple as applying and wiping off?

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$18 that is like a trip through the Starbucks drive thru....:)
Exactly, I have wax that is over $100 for a smaller portion than that 18 dollar bottle. Butter wet is cheap

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This picture is after applying some butter wet, however my paint is well taken care of so that shine is definitely not just from the wax. But it is a great product for what's its purpose is, a quick, cheap, easy to apply wax that does a good job at protecting for a fair amount of time and enhancing the depth and shine. It's far from a top tier wax, but it's not at all intended to be hence the cheap pricecd437a0ee5141af59fc5d0bc5124ee19.jpg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Is that more like a ceramic type coating, as in I would need to do paint correction before applying, or is it as simple as applying and wiping off?
No sir just like applying wax but better shine, protection, small scratch filling capabilities
It’s always recommended to clay bar before applying any wax or sealant but not necessary to do. Just gives better results

BenWade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a black Ram and have used dozens of different waxes, sealants etc... I like Chemical Guys but found P&S Beadmaker. It is just as easy to apply, the shine is comparable, price is similar but Beadmaker lasts much, much longer and protects.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should not apply any coating to paint that doesnt have a hard coating on it without claying if it's been daily driven for any decent amount of time, it will cause damage, so by trying to make it look better you are causing more damage which is like 1 step forward 2 steps back lol but to each there own

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats what I use on our vehicles. Great stuff. It really gives it a nice shine. I would highly recommend it. I also use the banana spray wax in between using the butter wax. Chemical guys is all that touches our vehicles.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also take excellent care of my truck, but really its some really good stuff.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 9.47.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 9.47.15 AM.png

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use jet seal and carnauba wet wax when I’m feeling froggy. Works wonders on my delmonico red truck. Usually every 6 months.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should not apply any coating to paint that doesnt have a hard coating on it without claying if it's been daily driven for any decent amount of time, it will cause damage, so by trying to make it look better you are causing more damage which is like 1 step forward 2 steps back lol but to each there own

I clayed mine the following day after getting in new. I have done that on my last few vehicles and it is amazing how much easier it is to wax after they have been clayed just feels smoother going on and off. I have been using maguires gold but maybe I need to try some CG butter wax.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use jet seal and carnauba wet wax when I’m feeling froggy. Works wonders on my delmonico red truck. Usually every 6 months.
I am a big jet seal fan, one of if not thee best chem guys products in my opinion. They have quite a lot of great chemicals but jet seal is probably the best one I'd say

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I clayed mine the following day after getting in new. I have done that on my last few vehicles and it is amazing how much easier it is to wax after they have been clayed just feels smoother going on and off. I have been using maguires gold but maybe I need to try some CG butter wax.
Dont expect miracles with the butter wet, it is one of there kinda "lower end" waxes if you will. Not that it's a bad product its definitely not, but it's called butter wet because the main purpose of it is to be very easy to work with, "it goes on and wipes off like warm butter" hence the name butter wet, and it does just that. Very easy to apply and wipes off just as easy, I'd for sure use it over a meguires gold, but that's just me, not trying to bash meguires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atomota