Chipped Rear Caliper Piston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would replace the caliper. I am guessing that you were pushing the piston back into the caliper with channel locks, next time you do this I would suggest leaving one of the pads in the caliper on the piston side and then compress.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I would replace the caliper. I am guessing that you were pushing the piston back into the caliper with channel locks, next time you do this I would suggest leaving one of the pads in the caliper on the piston side and then compress.

I would replace the piston. Pretty easy to do if you have compressed air.

OP
OP
D

dta828

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I actually broke it prying the caliper off of the pads during removal. The nub in the center of the brake pad gouged out the side of the piston. :doh2:

I replaced with a rebuilt unit from pep boys.