Classic with projector headlights to HID/LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pparker74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Ram Classic with projector headlights. I installed a HYB HID kit, looks awesome, however I noticed there is a second bulb I believe to be the high beam, it’s a 9005 bulb. Looking for advice on what to replace it with or what other people have done.

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’d go LED for the high beams.. The HIDs take a few seconds to warm up to full brightness and when you switch on your brights you want the instant on that the LED provides. There are plenty of opinions on LED brands but I keep hearing raves about the Supernovas.

Side note, I did Headlight Revolution GTR HIDs for my previous Ram low beams, a 2017 Sport with projectors... They were awesome.

My current 2019 has factory LED headlights and they’re beyond awesome.

good luck!

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In most cases where HID is used in the low beam of the projector lights, a LED is used in the high beam. This eliminates the "warm up" time of the high beams. Quite a bit of helpful information on this site. You can also contact a couple of the vendors for their help as well.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I have a Ram Classic with projector headlights. I installed a HYB HID kit, looks awesome, however I noticed there is a second bulb I believe to be the high beam, it’s a 9005 bulb. Looking for advice on what to replace it with or what other people have done.

I used Morimoto 2.0 LED bulbs for my high beams.

20190103_190751.jpg

I still needed some adjustments when I took that photo

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I went HID in the low beams and LED in the high beams and fogs.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Changed everything to LED's bu found the lows still lacking. Installed HID lows and left LED's in for high beams. Night is now day.