Clean Freaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For all of you clean freaks. Do any of you spend time under your trucks to avoid corrosion and rust build up?

If so, what do you do? I have a brand new truck, with the mastershield undercoating, but I want to make sure I stay ahead of everything.

Cheers

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
For all of you clean freaks. Do any of you spend time under your trucks to avoid corrosion and rust build up?

If so, what do you do? I have a brand new truck, with the mastershield undercoating, but I want to make sure I stay ahead of everything.

Cheers

@Graygoose or @JB1 have some of the cleanest suspension I've viewed on this site. :cheers:
They'll have your answers shortly.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Thanks for the mention @RedSRT4Me , the Jeep I have now gets no attention like truck did.

But I used soap and water mainly, with an assortment of different scrub brushes. Then, got underneath and cleaned with yellow microfiber cloths. The fenderwheels I used Mothers tire shine, pretty much kept the mud/rain mix from sticking after that. After I installed white upper/lowers and trackbar...was always wiping them off LOL.

20190615_115707.jpg

20190615_115650.jpg

20200518_125507.jpg

20200518_125514.jpg

20200625_185654.jpg

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I watch Detail Geeks YT...he uses ones, its awesome.

Buddy once told me, go offroading and get mud under your truck, grab a swaying yard sprinkler, put under your truck for 20 minutes, washes it all while you drink beer and watch. :)

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Cheers
I keep the underneath of my truck very clean I wipe it down with wd 40 then coat it with fluid film

20210203_172932.jpg

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fluid film is great, the smell kinda overwhelms me so I basically have to do it outside on a windy day and stay upwind, but once it's been on there a couple days the smell is gone and it works awesome for keeping cancer away.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I use a 90 degree wand on my pressure washer to clean the bottom of the cars and trucks. Lost my 02 Monte SS to rust. It was too late by the time I got the wand but now everything gets blasted and washed with Salt Away.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

Cheers
Since you are in the north you’ll want to keep a coating of something on the under parts. Even if it’s just WD40. Every nice day after snow wash underneath as best you can then in the spring climb under and inspect. If you see any rust forming. Wire brush it down and spray or brush on rust reformer and then coat with paint. Can you post a picture of your undercoating because that may change maintenance

OP
OP
NovaScotia Ram

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Since you are in the north you’ll want to keep a coating of something on the under parts. Even if it’s just WD40. Every nice day after snow wash underneath as best you can then in the spring climb under and inspect. If you see any rust forming. Wire brush it down and spray or brush on rust reformer and then coat with paint. Can you post a picture of your undercoating because that may change maintenance

It's the lifetime application that FCA offers when you buy a new vehic!e. I'll crawl under it tomorrow and snap a few photos.

OP
OP
NovaScotia Ram

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

7d93b819b34b41bada57b1a102451058.jpg
9011a75f4dc3a9b1162c1a7fed57f424.jpg

Here’s the belly this morning. I got underneath and wipes away some of the build up but have yet to apply any fluid film or other protectant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk kmb93026808d3e46a8cde3a60d0642dc66.jpg

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I watch Detail Geeks YT...he uses ones, its awesome.

Buddy once told me, go offroading and get mud under your truck, grab a swaying yard sprinkler, put under your truck for 20 minutes, washes it all while you drink beer and watch. :)
That is a great idea lol going to have to try it !
What is the best way to clean a motor in your opinion ?

Thanks

ViperOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting! Do you also use 303 protectant on all rubber bushings and lines?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
That is a great idea lol going to have to try it !
What is the best way to clean a motor in your opinion ?

Thanks
I always used simple green, then once dry, used a dressing like Adams.

Taught my oldest son at an early age...LOL. One of his 5.0's

CIMG1539.JPG

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
One of the advantages of living in the south. We don’t have the salted roads that come with the ice and snow thankfully. But my driveshaft has looked rusted everywhere since I bought the truck. Always wanted to clean it off and spray it down with something. Even if it’s just for piece of mind.