Cloth/leather seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun ELL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got a 2008 mega cab 2500 with cloth seats. It has the front buckets with full business console. I purchased leather 40/20/40 seat from 2006 ram 1500. Can I just install the leather buckets and keep my business console? And if so ANY help on how to do that as far as do I remo e the business console? If so how does it come out? And how to mount the new leather seats up to the business console from their current 40/20/40 setup. Thanks!

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I don’t have a console, but you should be able to remove the center jumpseat and its brackets off the leather seats with a few bolts. Then you should be able to just throw the new seats in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doren Martin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just took the leather seats from an 02 Quad cab and installed into my 05 Quad cab. The bottom seats comes off the bases by taking off the 4 13m nuts (on each) holding the seat frame to the base. When you do this it (takes off the bottom and back together). The console was bolted only to the base bracket by (2) 13mm nuts in front and (4) 13mm nuts in back.
All this was much easier to do when I unbolted the base from the floor (both sides) and tilted the seats back to have easier access. But you don't have to.

I called mine a console but its actually a Jump Seat/Center Seat/With storage in bottom and under arm rest.

I did the opposite of what you are doing. I wanted the Cloth Seats on Power Base so that I could convert from manual to power seats.

Hope this helps