Code is U0002, what the.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hesabiggin111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Ok my 2007 ram 1500 hemi has been kinda sputtering slightly and about 3 times now the warning ding has dinged and no message on the little overhead deal or the spot on the gauges. Also it never gave me any sign of a code but because of the ding and faint sputter I threw my code reader on it and after getting a little deeper I checked for codes in the ABS and up popped code U0002. It says it's module, occ rest control, then under more info it says, controller area network c bus off performance. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

mizewilliamc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
4952dab33ac56ed662fc47bfae7036c4.jpg
Is the code being set by the ABS? It can be set by the ABS, PCM, and the ESP modules and the diagnosis can vary depending on the source of the DTC. If it is being set by the ABS itself then you’re really either looking at a bad abs module or an open circuit somewhere in the wiring for those bud circuits. Bus off performance usually means something is going on during a module power down event, what that may be I don’t know. Just some ideas of where to start. You’ll need some sort of professional scan tool to do the initialization procedures for the module, but they aren’t married to the vin of the vehicle so a used one could be an option too, since our year model truck parts are slowly getting more and more discontinued by Chrysler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I use this method & it is not real clear when it comes to U codes