Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

codes

Discussion in 'Engine and Performance' started by melman, Aug 28, 2019.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. melman

melman Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    diesel turbo
    Ok I have had my engine light come on every 2 days with a different code , 2007 2500 6.7 1st started with lost of power and black smoke ,So I had the dpf and cayilic ( not sure of spelling) cleaned out (burn out by a company) truck ran good then engine light came on but still ran good , the code was for egr so I took it off cleaned it with mopar solution and cleared the code ,Ran good then 2 days later engine light again with p2262 , cleared then ran good again , 2 days later light again with code p242 , I added to fuel a cleaner and added to oil a cleaner then ran it for a few miles (appox. 15) then changed oil and filter, truck sounds good and running good waiting to see if engine light comes on again today ,if it does come on again not sure what to do next trying to not replace to many parts that do not need to be replaced and keep the cost to a min can't afford it on a strick 65 yr old budget all ready spent to much , I hoping that the guy who put my dpf/cayilic converter back on mess up the wire and sensors

2. Dennis Shellito

Dennis Shellito Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins IBS
    P2262 is for turbocharger boost pressure not detected. I don't see how that figures into the other problems you have mentioned. P242F is for ash accumulation in the DPF. Maybe you need to warm him up to operating temp and then roll it down the highway hard and put some miles on it, as it should do a regeneration and the exhaust flow through the pipe should blow some ash out. These engines like to be warmed up and ran, by that I mean they don't like to be putt putted around. They are built to flex their muscles, but not hotrodded.

3. melman

melman Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    diesel turbo
    Ok I just got another code that's I have never got before p0429/28 not sure now I erased it but now I am thinking I have a sensor or connection problem with the whole computer system maybe a ground wire any thoughts