Coil pack stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daniel_1991

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I was changing my plugs and wires on my 2010 ram Hemi 5.7 and the last boot on the drivers side was seized to the plug. It ripped to about half inch under valve cover when I tried pulling it out with some pliers. If you have been in this situation you know it sucks. Well I’ve figured it out. I just took a welding rod and shuved it between the plug and boot. Worked like a charm.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So I was changing my plugs and wires on my 2010 ram Hemi 5.7 and the last boot on the drivers side was seized to the plug. It ripped to about half inch under valve cover when I tried pulling it out with some pliers. If you have been in this situation you know it sucks. Well I’ve figured it out. I just took a welding rod and shuved it between the plug and boot. Worked like a charm.
If your coil boots are in bad shape,Rock Auto sells just the boots and springs. While you have the boots and springs off,i use one of these little brushes in a Dremel to clean the corrosion off the spring contact in the coil tower.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Little bit of dielectric grease on the inside of the boots when it goes back on will save this from happening again.