comfort group without luxury group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is this possible? It lets you do it on ram build site but I'm thinking it's not possible

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I'm going to say yes (but I don't know 100% just a gut feeling) because the confort is a lower group than the luxury. The luxury group has everything you want though that's how you get the 7 in display on the dash or is that something you are now passing on?

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes dealer said it's possible. The only way to get 7" screen is with luxury group which is almost $1000. I'm thinking if I'm now looking at tradesman trucks....I didn't know u could get the heated seats and wheel without all that other stuff (luxury group, 8.4 screen). On my last truck you would control those options through the 8.4 or the buttons below the 8.4. I'm getting there Lol

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I didn't think you can get that on a tradesman.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So now you are trying to line out all the possible options on the tradesman?

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I meant to say I didn't know I could get the big horn like that. I wanted the nice cloth which is on the bucket seats, the comfort group which is heated seats and wheel, Rear defroster cause of the power sliding window and luxury group cause of the7" cluster. I can get the first three on a stripped down big horn. It will be like a tradesman with a touch of luxury. I could always add the 8.4. But not the cool 7"screen. I'm waiting for him to give me a price. It's basically a tradesman with fog lights and the above options I mentioned. Skrap is going to get a kick out of this.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's more then that, the interior is better 2 Glove boxes and you would be crazy to not get the 8.4 now. It's a 500 dollar option and you get the steering wheel controls. Don't make the mistake you see so much on these forums about saving a few bucks now. Then figuring out a year from now you want more. So you go to the dealer and get bent over trading in your new truck for a new truck.

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had 2014 big horn 1500 that I just sold. Thing is
luxury group and 8.4 go together. so they force you to get luxury group. So that's not just $500 I'm already bending

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I had 2014 big horn 1500 that I just sold. Thing is
luxury group and 8.4 go together. so they force you to get luxury group. So that's not just $500 I'm already bending

What about the slt a not not a bighorn I beleive you can add the 8.4 without the luxury group and you still have your power seats ect

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The 8.4 doesn't come with the luxury group. Per my window sticker.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I just built. Slt on Rams site options are 8.4a, bucket seats,remote start, back up camera/sensors, fog lights rear defrost 5th wheel prep, spray in bedliner, 6.4l, 4.10, heavy duty plow group, dual rear wheels msrp includeing destination 49,200.

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's not the 8.4, I want.I can pick one up off eBay later. It's the 7 inch cluster which is part of the expensive luxury group that I want.

What about the slt a not not a bighorn I beleive you can add the 8.4 without the luxury group and you still have your power seats ect

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was told if I get luxury group I have to get the 8.4.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Hmm doesn't sound right I'm not sure if it's a 2015 thing but the 2013 big horn I had for rental didn't have the 8.4 but had the 7in dash display

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It is 2 different options on my 14 big horn. Even when I went to the build site for the 14 it was 2 different options. All I'm saying is that for 500, is it worth getting one off ebay and you will need to do steering wheel controls. I don't know why they are going for off ebay.

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
All I know is I'm getting a headache from all this. You can't go by the ram build site 100%. Dealers lie. That's why I'm here. One dealer told me you can get the 8.4 in the 3500 but not the 8.4 with nav.

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Dealer just called me again and told me again you can't get luxury group with 5.0 and have to get 8.4. He said rentals are different And it could have changed for 2015 so I'm gonna call ram tomorrow myself Cause believe it or not.....Dealers do lie :) makes no sense to me. It's only a bigger screen.
as far as my title question: They told me I can . But then I had another question. I was looking at getting the snow chief group instead of snow plow prep which adds auxiliary switches. They would be in the location where the buttons were for the heated seats and steering wheel on my last truck(a 1500 big horn). So dealer said seats/wheel would be controlled from 5.0 screen.is this accurate? That wouldmean if I change my uconnect unit I wouldn't be able to control heated seats/wheel. I'm stuck with uconnect for life of vehicle??? Ugggh

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Dealer just called me again and told me again you can't get luxury group with 5.0 and have to get 8.4. He said rentals are different And it could have changed for 2015 so I'm gonna call ram tomorrow myself Cause believe it or not.....Dealers do lie :) makes no sense to me. It's only a bigger screen.
as far as my title question: They told me I can . But then I had another question. I was looking at getting the snow chief group instead of snow plow prep which adds auxiliary switches. They would be in the location where the buttons were for the heated seats and steering wheel on my last truck(a 1500 big horn). So dealer said seats/wheel would be controlled from 5.0 screen.is this accurate? That wouldmean if I change my uconnect unit I wouldn't be able to control heated seats/wheel. I'm stuck with uconnect for life of vehicle??? Ugggh

Pretty much but the 8.4 has the u connect also. The trailer brakes are controlled throuh it also.

Also check Into the snow cheif group every time I click on it, it makes me
Remove dually rear wheels.

Save up for couple months with out a truck payment and slap a extra 2 grand on the down payment and get what you want your going to be mad at yourself later if you don't.

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah youre right. I dont like getting half the goods. When i buy a vehicle its "all or nothing" if you know what i mean. But, i do need a vehicle now. We just booked a camping trip for june and have other ones planned too. Funny thing is I dont have a truck or camper! cause I just sold both :) I am borrowing a car at the present time.
I am considering a used 2014 tradesman though that a dealer just got on trade this week. It is $13k less than the new bighorn that i want. That's dealers lowest price, not msrp. Going to look at it tomoorow morning. It has the 6.4 motor and 4.10 axle that i need and has just under 15k miles. It only has the uconnect 5.0, chrome and popular equip. group, HD snow plow prep group and trailer brake. This is the "nothing". But, Ill gladly take it for 13k less and just add aftermarket gadgets! Well see how it goes. keep fingers crossed :)

Pretty much but the 8.4 has the u connect also. The trailer brakes are controlled throuh it also.

Also check Into the snow cheif group every time I click on it, it makes me
Remove dually rear wheels.

Save up for couple months with out a truck payment and slap a extra 2 grand on the down payment and get what you want your going to be mad at yourself later if you don't.

Last edited:

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
yeah youre right. I dont like getting half the goods. When i buy a vehicle its "all or nothing" if you know what i mean. But, i do need a vehicle now. We just booked a camping trip for june and have other ones planned too. Funny thing is I dont have a truck or camper! cause I just sold both :) I am borrowing a car at the present time.
I am considering a used 2014 tradesman though that a dealer just got on trade this week. It is $13k less than the new bighorn that i want. That's dealers lowest price, not msrp. Going to look at it tomoorow morning. It has the 6.4 motor and 4.10 axle that i need and has just under 15k miles. It only has the uconnect 5.0, chrome and popular equip. group, HD snow plow prep group and trailer brake. This is the "nothing". But, Ill gladly take it for 13k less and just add aftermarket gadgets! Well see how it goes. keep fingers crossed :)

13 grand is 13 grand!