compatible grilles? just spitballing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Hoser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, this is my first post on the forum.

I bought a real rough 1991 d150 a few months ago and have been restoring it. I got it running good enough to drive it daily, now I'm working on making it look decent while trying not to blow wads of cash.

I have been trying to find an original replacement chrome grille that doesn't cost over $300. The only others are aftermarket that don't say Dodge on the front so they look a little wonky (also still expensive).

Are there previous year D150 grilles that would fit onto my 1991? Maybe this is a stupid question but I am very new to the restoration game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
nope 90 and older won't fit without changing out the rad support or modding things to make them fit. you can get the older dodge hood emblem to put on the hood and it would probably look good with the aftermarket grille. the stock ones are prone to cracking.

nikwho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crazzywolfie, I'm intrigued by this as well. What if the truck is older than '90? I love the look of the pre-'81 grills, with the round headlights. Can those be swapped on to, say, an '88?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
the 80 and older trucks are a bit different. if you are doing the swap to a work truck is may not be as noticeable but the shape of the 74-80 grills are a bit different around the fenders area you might be able body work it out with some bondo to not be as noticeable. it has been too long since i seen a 70's grill on a 81-93 truck. you would still need to swap out the rad support to do the job right. i believe there may also be some funky issue with the hood latch when you change rad supports and may need a older hood. now this is a 87. someone did some funky stuff to it and put a 70s grill on the 87's rad supports. i think if i remember correctly the lights would not aim right because of how the person installed them on top of lots of broken headlight adjusters.
w1500.jpg
DSC04006 (1).JPG
Plaza (7).JPG