Console Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I received my center console today, Part Number: 5VC931ZSAB-5VC95DX9AC. I tried to install the console, but the bottom alignment clips would not align with the base of the center console. I used a wax pencil to mark the clips, then a dermal tool to cut the base. But still couldn't get the holes to align. The only alternative would be to cut the tabs off the center console, but I didn't to do that. Can you send me an RMA to return the center console?

ThanksIMG_5583.jpg IMG_5584.jpg

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
This is very odd because we have sold many of these with no issues. Attached is a photo of a factory equipped truck with this style bin. I have compared this console and yours and cannot see any major differences that would cause issue. Can you clarify the area that interferes with it

- Benny

P2z67K.jpg

OP
OP
bigcrew

bigcrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The red areas are the areas I had to dermal out, but still couldn't get the console to snap in.InkedIMG_5583 (002)_LI.jpg

OP
OP
bigcrew

bigcrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Benny,
After some more cutting with the Dermel, I was able to get the console to snap into place with the base. Perhaps others cut the bottom tabs off the console or cut holes in their base as I did with a Dermel. At any rate I though you should know that some bases my require a little modification. Next up, leather steering wheel and gray bezel.

IMG_5590.jpg

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
I appreciate your persistence in making this work but am still puzzled as to the differences. That console lid was introduced in 2015 and the 2013+ up console bases are all the same.

I will surely remember this incase we encounter another fitment issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

OP
OP
bigcrew

bigcrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, I'm not sure what year truck the center console came out of, but it had no tab holes for the upgraded console.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Yea, I'm not sure what year truck the center console came out of, but it had no tab holes for the upgraded console.

Ah I thought it was from your 2015, Maybe it was a 2012 or older

- Benny

OP
OP
bigcrew

bigcrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No worries, cutting the inside of the base was no big deal. I just didn't want to cut up the new console.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf