Control of high beam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What opition do I select so that I have control of the high beam?

Thanks
Are you referring to the Auto High beam feature,? If so you will need to go into your settings menu on your radio settings under lights and uncheck the Auto Dim High Beam feature.f6c8563bbb4d53ceae01297e0173d098.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have auto dim high beams set to Off

Depressing the turn signal arm to the high beam position. High beams dont come on. If I pull the arm towards me, the high beams come on and off when I release the arm

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Push the arm

dale197338

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi
Pushing the arm, it locks in place, BUT no high beams
This may be dumb but is the light switch turned on. This happened to me and I felt really dumb not checking that first

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This may be dumb but is the light switch turned on. This happened to me and I felt really dumb not checking that first

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

excellent question! Since I have running light on, never thought about checking the light switch. LOL didn’t even think of that, will check in AM.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
And is the truck running? One thing I hate about the Ram is that I can't even turn the lights on with the truck in ACC or with the key out

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And is the truck running? One thing I hate about the Ram is that I can't even turn the lights on with the truck in ACC or with the key out

Has this been something new with the 5th gens? I’m pretty sure, even in my 2018 Limited that I can turn the headlights on without turning on the key....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
You should have this big thick white book in the glove compartment. Or if you are like me, it is under a leg of the dining room table to keep it level. Pull it out and it explains all about it in there. :)

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should have this big thick white book in the glove compartment. Or if you are like me, it is under a leg of the dining room table to keep it level. Pull it out and it explains all about it in there. :)
Been through manual.

Called, local RAM shop and they were stumped, advised me to make an appointment

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You know, surprisingly enough, a lot of these new vehicles these days ain’t even comin’ with a paper manual anymore.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been through manual.

Called, local RAM shop and they were stumped, advised me to make an appointment

So, a day or so ago when you said that you only had your running lights on and that you would try it again the next day with your headlight switch turned all the way on, did you ever try that? Still no highbeams?

But also, you can still have full control of your headlights and still be able to leave your auto highbeams turned on within your Uconnect settings… All you have to do is when you’re driving at night and you wanna still have full control over what your highbeams do, all you do is you just turn your headlight switch from auto to all the way on manually and that should disable your auto highbeams; because even if you have the setting enabled in your Uconnect settings, your auto highbeams only work when your lever is pushed all the way forward and your headlight switch is set to auto.

marks146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
With the truck in ACC mode, foot on the brake, pull the high beam switch twice, then push it once away from you. Remove your foot from the brake. Turn off the truck then start up the engine. See if that works for you.

It doesn't do a darn thing for me, but you might get lucky.

Sorry, I was just joking around. :) :dogpile:

Mando Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, a day or so ago when you said that you only had your running lights on and that you would try it again the next day with your headlight switch turned all the way on, did you ever try that? Still no highbeams?

But also, you can still have full control of your headlights and still be able to leave your auto highbeams turned on within your Uconnect settings… All you have to do is when you’re driving at night and you wanna still have full control over what your highbeams do, all you do is you just turn your headlight switch from auto to all the way on manually and that should disable your auto highbeams; because even if you have the setting enabled in your Uconnect settings, your auto highbeams only work when your lever is pushed all the way forward and your headlight switch is set to auto.

On that note, my 2019 Bighorn Classic Ram is 'Granite Metallic' (AKA 'gray') and I've found it's invisible to other drivers if I DON'T manually turn on the lights. I've had more people pull out in front of me than I can shake a stick at. It's got the 'auto' feature to turn the headlights on (I'll have to check the 'running lights' feature), but I - just out of habit - turn the headlights on day and night so I can be seen. A lot fewer people 'not noticing' me with them on. To your initial post, if the high beams come on when you pull the stalk toward you (to flash trucks or whatever) they obviously work, but if they don't go on pushing it forward to 'turn them on/leave them on' (the high beams) sounds like a switch or other electrical problem. JMHO, YMMV. Good luck! :)

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On that note, my 2019 Bighorn Classic Ram is 'Granite Metallic' (AKA 'gray') and I've found it's invisible to other drivers if I DON'T manually turn on the lights. I've had more people pull out in front of me than I can shake a stick at. It's got the 'auto' feature to turn the headlights on (I'll have to check the 'running lights' feature), but I - just out of habit - turn the headlights on day and night so I can be seen. A lot fewer people 'not noticing' me with them on. To your initial post, if the high beams come on when you pull the stalk toward you (to flash trucks or whatever) they obviously work, but if they don't go on pushing it forward to 'turn them on/leave them on' (the high beams) sounds like a switch or other electrical problem. JMHO, YMMV. Good luck! :)

I can’t say that if by having the brighter circuit in my front amber LED’s turned on as my DRL’s has helped anything or not, I don’t know, but maybe they have. I drive a semi professionally so part of the job must be constantly getting cutoff and pulled out in front of because the likelihood of a day ever going by where it doesn’t happen, is very very few and far between.

But anyway, since your Classic is pretty much the same thing as my ‘18 Limited, the same goes for you that the only time your highbeams won’t be automatic; irregardless of whether you have the setting enabled in your Uconnect or not, is only if your headlight switch isn’t turned all the way to the left in “Auto” mode.

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try setting headlight switch to On instead of auto this bypasses auto on/off and auto dim, which auto dims below 15 mph.

Another test is to enable auto dim put switch into auto and move stick to high. The dash should say that auto high beams have been enabled when you push forward and disabled when pulled back. If it doesn't then maybe the stick is messed up.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG