Converting TBI to carburetor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmoroneymd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1989 w100 with 5.2and goING to carburetor instead of TBI. Has stock throttle and speed control linkage bracket which bolted to TB. Can this directly bolt up to Holley (assuming not) or has anyone found bracket to swap both cables to carburetor linkage where can retain the speed control. Would like to keep it but will decommission SC if I can’t fab a bracket mount. Anyone done this swap and know of bracket or have a design gabbed up I can copy.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
1989 w100 with 5.2and goING to carburetor instead of TBI. Has stock throttle and speed control linkage bracket which bolted to TB. Can this directly bolt up to Holley (assuming not) or has anyone found bracket to swap both cables to carburetor linkage where can retain the speed control. Would like to keep it but will decommission SC if I can’t fab a bracket mount. Anyone done this swap and know of bracket or have a design gabbed up I can copy.
You might find the older carb linkage set-up in a wrecking yard,but it might take some digging.Hit up some of the early Dodge pages on facebook to.If memory serves me right,i think anything 87 and older should work

OP
OP
B

Bmoroneymd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You might find the older carb linkage set-up in a wrecking yard,but it might take some digging.Hit up some of the early Dodge pages on facebook to.If memory serves me right,i think anything 87 and older should work
Didn’t even think about that. Appreciate the advice

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Didn’t even think about that. Appreciate the advice
You might also need the early LA 318/340/360 style intake manifold to, if i remember right your early TBI intake has an oddball throttle body bolt pattern,and i'm not sure you can bolt a 2 barrell carb to it,but i might be wrong.It's been many years since i was playing with the earlier LA engines,and alot of what i know was more early 70's to early 80's 318/340/360 engines.The intake would be an easy remedy,as you can still buy aftermarket aluminium intake manifolds for the earlier 318.

OP
OP
B

Bmoroneymd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The entire motor is replaced with an older 360 with 4 barrel Holley so not running the stock TBI 2 barrel intake any longer

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The entire motor is replaced with an older 360 with 4 barrel Holley so not running the stock TBI 2 barrel intake any longer
Do you have the corresponding transmission kick down linkage ? If you do,you're one step ahead of the game,if not check out Lokar and see if they have a cable kick down set-up.That's if it's an automatic.

OP
OP
B

Bmoroneymd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep have the linkage and the throttle lever mopar adapter for kickdown and throttle but wanted to see if I can get the stock brackets that can incorporate all three linkages including the cruise control cable.