Cruise Control Gear Shifting???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamItFaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Tradesman
Engine
Cummins
So, while CC was on, I bumped the up or down arrow on the automatic gear shifter, I then saw on the dash that my "Gear" wasn't in Drive, it was in the Up and Down position next to Drive, and the Cruise Control Indicator had a 5 next to it, as in I was probably in 5th gear. I have gone through my Owners Manual and nothing talks about shifting through gears, can anyone drop me a Link to a expanded Owner Manual online where I can do some research? Or maybe someone tell me what it is called or what my truck is capable of? Appreciate it thank you.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have gone through my Owners Manual and nothing talks about shifting through gears, can anyone drop me a Link to a expanded Owner Manual online where I can do some research? Or maybe someone tell me what it is called or what my truck is capable of? Appreciate it thank you.

It is in there, download a PDF of your owners' manual (if you do not have it already) and search for "Electronic Range Select (ERS) Operation"

"The Electronic Range Select (ERS) shift control allows the driver to limit the highest available gear when the transmission is in DRIVE. For example, if you set the transmission gear limit to 4 (fourth gear), the transmission will not shift above fourth gear, but will shift through the lower gears normally. You can switch between DRIVE and ERS mode at any vehicle speed. When the shift lever is in the DRIVE position, the transmission will operate automatically, shifting between all available gears. Tapping the ERS (-) switch will activate ERS mode, display the current gear in the instrument cluster, and set that gear as the top available gear. Once in ERS mode, tapping (-) or (+) will change the top available gear."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atomota