*** Cup Holder-'98 Ram 1500 ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJs98bart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Hey y'all!!
This is JJs98Bart, again. A couple weeks ago I posted an issue I was having with my brake lights staying on etc, anyway, just wanna thank the first 2 members again that responded back with their solutions to try etc, I did want to let ya know that jiggling my brake pedal worked :party36: :cheers: Thanks again for the awesome advice!!
*And since I got such great advice, that worked, I have another minor problem for all y'all Dodge/Ram members... This one is not mechanical, but it's making me crazy :insane: cause I miss it & it's been there & I've been using it for the 12 + years I've had this truck until about 2 months ago...
**** The problem is my fold down cup holder that's attached in the center under dash below radio/cd player area, it's a '98 Ram 1500 Laramie SLT (2wd/auto/gas/5.9) so y'all know which one I'm hopefully talking about anyway, a friend leaned on it, unfortunately being an idiot, & it popped all the way off, ugh!! But NONE of the hinges or any of the plastic latch/connection pieces etc are broken or cracked, it's like I can almost get it back in except for one of the 2 bottom plastic latches won't snap back in as easily as it looks like it should. Do I have to unscrew the 4 screws holding it in & take it all the way out to do it or just run it by a body shop & have them do it? Anybody know anything about that piece & re installing it?? THANKS AGAIN for all the input!!
JJS98BART

KevinAltemara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.2
Take the dash bezel off and unscrew the 2 bolts at the top, and then put it back in with the little feet in first and kinda slide it into place and screw it back in