Custom flap for front of rear wheel well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had been wanting some type of protection for the lower front of the rear wheel well. For those times when debris can be carried over the top of the tire; or when tires may spin some while in reverse. Did searching/posting on this site and also general web searching for ideas/inspiration as no one makes something like that for our trucks. Since I have DuraFlaps on the truck, I contacted the company for some advice. After a few emails and a number of measurements/cardboard trials, I decided to get a custom cut set 10 inches wide by 12 inches tall. I considered a set of their universal front flaps with a custom cut to shorten the length but felt the full 10x12 would give me more options for mounting. I sanded the upper outside corners to help them look more like the other flaps. For me the 10x12 was a good combination of coverage and mounting surface without looking too big. The flaps extend 2 inches below the bottom of fender.

Attachments

• Modified Flap front view.jpg
    Modified Flap front view.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Modified Flap rear view.jpg
    Modified Flap rear view.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Modified Flap side view.jpg
    Modified Flap side view.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Members online