Cutting into the body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StickerBombastic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey so Im having a special box ordered for my 2021 1500 classic quad cab by fox acoustics. Its a vented box for 2 12" subs but the problem is that the amount of air that the space under the seats provides isnt enough. So I am wondering if I can cut a port through the little wall that separates the little area ender the seats from the drivers feet and it would be somewhat in the area as the picture is show. (Sorry about the poor quality had to edit the photo in ms paint.) But please LMK if i wont hit anything important.

Attachments

• truck projects.jpg
    truck projects.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 24

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
A picture taken in daylight might help

Are you living on Base at Miramar ?

It seems like there are several Ramforum Members around here in San Diego

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It’s a great idea to cut your brand new truck up ,why not find some speakers that fit the space you have ? Exhaust gases will find ways into your cabin with holes in the floor . Let alone what this will do to resell value . But it is yours so chop chop. Hope it turns out good for you.

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s anything under that. I would remove the carpet from that well to mount the box and lay dynamat or similar to deaden the vibration.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's your truck so do what you want but as soon as the dealer sees not factory holes in a brand new truck they may give you a hard time about any warranty issues when something needs to get done. I would look for speakers that work better so I didnt have to cut into a brand new truck

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't drill into your new truck, Exhaust fumes and rust are a couple things that come to mind.

Last edited: