Cybertruck 1 Ram 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Saw this online. Should be noted the Ram front end did exactly as it is supposed to in order to protect its occupants. Kind of interesting the imprint in the Cybertruck tailgate, a little momento to remember the Ram.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Yeah, those cybertrucks aren't doing well in crash tests. They're not absorbing energy. Which is bad for occupants as it just transfers all that energy straight in to the meatbags driving them.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah, those cybertrucks aren't doing well in crash tests. They're not absorbing energy. Which is bad for occupants as it just transfers all that energy straight in to the meatbags driving them.
I don't doubt that they wouldn't do well, and I have no interest in ever owning a cybertruck. But which crash tests are you referring to? The article mentioned that the IIHS and NHTSA have yet to crash test one.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't doubt that they wouldn't do well, and I have no interest in ever owning a cybertruck. But which crash tests are you referring to? The article mentioned that the IIHS and NHTSA have yet to crash test one.
trying to find the video where they overlayed both F150 and Cybertruck frontal crash tests that showed just how much faster the occupants were moving inside the cybertruck as time of impact.

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That was Tesla's own testing according to that article. The article doesn't say the cybertruck did any worse than other trucks as far as occupant safety goes. As mentioned later in the video, the comparisons shown early in the video are not the same frontal impact test that was performed on the cybertruck. The later comparison with the F150 was the same test, in which both trucks looked to perform similarly.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was Tesla's own testing according to that article. The article doesn't say the cybertruck did any worse than other trucks as far as occupant safety goes. As mentioned later in the video, the comparisons shown early in the video are not the same frontal impact test that was performed on the cybertruck. The later comparison with the F150 was the same test, in which both trucks looked to perform similarly.
The trucks looked similar, the occupants did not.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There's also been some controversy lately about how EVs (particularly the cyber truck) absolutely plow through guard rails. Between the weight, low center of mass, and for the CT, the fact that they are extremely rigid, the guard rails can't stop them like a normal vehicle. Road safely admins don't know if they want to require EVs behave more like normal vehicles or if they need to change the design of the guard rails themselves.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
trying to find the video where they overlayed both F150 and Cybertruck frontal crash tests that showed just how much faster the occupants were moving inside the cybertruck as time of impact.
The trucks looked similar, the occupants did not.
You removed the original video from your previous post. Why? I would like to see the overlay'd video too though. But visually comparing videos isn't the same as seeing the actual crash test dummy data from those tests. It's all speculation until the crash test experts like the IIHS and NHTSA perform the tests and publish the results.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We have several of those death traps where I am.... A kid designed it... What do you expect?

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I would bet that there is more damage to the Cybertruck and meets the eye. Also, will probably cost more to repair, even if it doesn't look like it.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Tesla’s new advanced features include insulated refrigeration transport for organ donors.

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you for sharing the video/article. However owning a cybertruck is a swift but hard pass for me.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only thing I can say about the cyber truck is its the ugliest vehicle of any kind I have ever seen! I don't care if it has the greatest or the worst crash rating of any vehicle and they are giving them away I wouldn't have one of them because there so ugly and are a worthless EV!

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think it looks a bit better with the dodge/ram grill, they should add the ram head as well.:cool:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's another cyber truck crash. Person in the truck was injured, Toyota driver was fine.

leftchevybehind

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
It's all fun and games until the Cybertruck battery gets a 0.5"-1" dent and then it'll be totaled out. My insurance company didn't want to replace my Tesla 3 battery because it was about a $26K repair bill. They totaled it out solely due to battery damage.