Dash 3.5" speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

td1042k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know if the JBL GTO329 speakers will fit in the stock mounting location? It looks like the JBL are fairly deep and haven't seen how deep the factory mounting locations are.

I'm picking up my new rebel early next week and would like to get the base speakers swapped out pronto. The truck doors have the 8.4 4C nav system thankfully.

Aside from the dash speakers I'm planning on putting the JBL GTO 6.5 components in the front doors and the 6x9 3-way in the rear doors. Hopefully in the near future there will be retail options for under rear seat subwoofer boxes.

Thanks!

Neil Proulx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dont forget to add the 10watt, 4ohm resistors to whatever dash speaker you add. as the stock speakers are 8ohm. you dont want to destroy that big screen head unit. and if you dont, the dash speakers will way over power anything you put in the doors.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
dont forget to add the 10watt, 4ohm resistors to whatever dash speaker you add. as the stock speakers are 8ohm. you dont want to destroy that big screen head unit. and if you dont, the dash speakers will way over power anything you put in the doors.
unless you bi-amp, like I did with the 4 channel amp on the front.
It wont blow the radio, but the dash will be much brighter than the 8 ohm stockers.