Dead switches and random codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dark Knight 500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have searched high and low for an answer to my problem.
I noticed today that my 4wd switch, lower instrument panel switches, rain sense wipers and auto high beams were all dead. I used alphaobd to read codes and found U1009 & U0213 in the BCM.
I had recently installed tow mirrors and used alphaobd to enable them. The only other thing I had done is enable LED exterior lights.
I have checked all obvious fuses, and ran through factory diagnostics (Un plugging things on the LIN2 BUS one at a time to see if the code goes away)
The things I tried were rain sensor, humidity sensor, rear view mirror and compass module.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
To start, how is your battery? Weak batteries have been known to cause weird electrical issues.

OP
OP
Dark Knight 500

Dark Knight 500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
UPDATE!!!
I ended up performing a vehicle reconfiguration at the dealership I work at. And BOOM!! Both switches came back to life and all codes disappeared. No parts required.

Last edited:

Frank Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
@Dark Knight 500 I am experiencing left buttons on steering wheel and horn not working, Cruise control buttons on right side of steering wheel work. I used Alfa OBD to install turn signal and puddle lights on aftermarket power folding mirrors and since then I have been experiencing this problem. The error code that I get from Alfa OBD is U1009 Lin 2 Bus Failure Warning Lamp On. I also installed led reverse lights. If you can please reply that would be very helpful. Thank you