DEAD, won’t start please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Always good to have a look around, amazing what a simple inspection turns up. Hope you kept the old starter. A new solenoid is easy to put on and then you can keep it as a spare or sell it for pretty good bucks. A lot more money than the core charge at least.

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
True, but he said they tried jumping it so voltage should not be the issue.
If the battery is dead, it may take a few minutes to get the cables to put enough juice into to get it started. I agree with the solenoid possibility and the starter percussion tuning.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The same thing happened to my nephew's RAM ... I went to boost him and nothing ... Turned out to be the starter crapped out when he shut the truck when he went into the store to pick up a case of beer ...

Thomas Haslam

Reaction score
Ram Year
17 crew cab
Engine
1 st check the battery connection I had one do that all it was bad connection

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These AGM batteries die without warning and catastrophically. Just happened to me last Saturday on a camping trip, drove there, drove around the next day, the following morning even my friend's Diesel Sprinter van couldn't jump it. The battery doesn't take any meaningful charge and the jumper cables alone don't carry enough current.