dealers are unbelievable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
So step-son has a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 that now has 28,000 miles. A coupe week sago he said his brakes felt horrible so he checked them and they were shot so he ordered new pads and rotors all the way around. We pulled it apart and I have never seen a pad as bad as the RT front inner pad. Caliper and slides moved just fine. The one wheel only had about 1/4 of the center of the pad touching the rotor. Rotors looked defective from bad material. They were all pitted with big divots. Additionally he had a very hard clunk on downshifting so he set up a GoPro under his truck and his rear driveshaft would move about 2" back and forth in the transfer case. He said sometimes it felt like he got rear ended when it downshifted. So he calls the dealer several times with no answer and leaves voicemails for about 3 weeks. No calls back. He called GM and complained. They said they called the dealer and their response was they were waiting for him to drop it off...lol. He had never even talked to anyone there. So last night he drops it off and tells the service manager that his old pads and rotors were in the box in the back and that he just wanted it documented in case there was another issue with them. Service manager calls hm today and tells him they checked his brakes and they are like new...lol. They also told him they hooked it up to the computer and there were no codes for the transmission. I told him I was thinking there was a broken mount somewhere. So they didn't do anything at all to his truck. He was going to call and have a chat with them about it so we will see

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Sooooo, which part of that surprised you? It's more about CYA first, customer second.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
A guy I work with just took his 2017 Silverado in for a recall over the brakes last month. He said that they had gotten so bad it was dangerous to drive. Not sure what all they changed but he was at the dealership for over 6hrs.

Last edited:

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats a typical response, all GM wants right now is to sell more trucks to recoup there millions in losses, for there redesign of the Fugly Silverado I still see more GM trucks in my area, they are fighting to be number 1.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
He ordered drilled/slotted rotors and pads from somewhere online for about $450. Said they feel great. We did his leveling kit about 300 miles later and they still looked fine. He said his felt fine then a couple days later they were horrible so they must have went quick.

He talked to the dealer again and they are going to keep it and check it over again tomorrow. His video clearly shows the driveshaft moving about 2" in and out of the transfer case so something seems to be moving alot more than it should. This was on flat paved roads