Death Wobble-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigfarmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Death Wobble- I have a 2013, 2500 Cummins 4x4. I have installed all new front end components: 2 new wheel bearing hubs, all new tie rods, both lower and upper ball joints, both sway bar link kits, new track bar, new red head steering box, brand new steering damper, all 4 brand new stock wheels and tires (275-70-18) , new pitman arm, and 2 new shocks. No body lift and no leveling kit. After all of this, I took the truck back to my chrysler dealership who then did the correct front end alignment and when I took it for my first test drive down Wisconsin roads, hit my first bridge deck at 77 mph, the death wobble didn't occur, a terrible 4 second shimy did occur. This is totally unacceptable. Thanks for anyone's help with this issue.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you have a problem before installing all that? If so, did you have a mechanic diagnose the problem or just start replacing items?

First thought, did you have tire balance checked again? Also, check that all lug nuts are seated properly.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take it to a real agliment shop, have it set to thuren spec. Check all the cross member bolts.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes…definitely evaluate the control arm bushings…

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dont get a alignment at a dealership most techs throw it up there go ok its in the green close enough half the time they dont even do the alignment if its close enough i see it every day.