DeeZee FYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyleb8077

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If someone has already posted this I apologize. DeeZee now has a tailgate assist that actually fits 4th Gens. If you are like me and ordered one prior to this month then you may be missing some paint on the inside of your tailgate. Call them and they will send you the new one.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess they finally fixed this issue? I did see some posts that other members were having problems, so I was going to wait and see when they fixed it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's the part number of the new kit and any pics so as to see what they changed. Mine rubbed bad on my '11 and I thought the nutzert they used was a piece of junk. On other kits they used a much better piece that was similar to a toggle instead.

OP
OP
K

kyleb8077

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't installed it yet, but I think it has a shorter hydraulic, and a drop bracket for the top.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If someone has already posted this I apologize. DeeZee now has a tailgate assist that actually fits 4th Gens. If you are like me and ordered one prior to this month then you may be missing some paint on the inside of your tailgate. Call them and they will send you the new one.
Cool, but Dee Zee sent me a replacement (F-150 model I think) when I informed them of the fitment issue and it has worked perfectly ever since.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We gotta get the right part number because a lot of venders are still selling the old number from stock for the 4th gens.

OP
OP
K

kyleb8077

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool, but Dee Zee sent me a replacement (F-150 model I think) when I informed them of the fitment issue and it has worked perfectly ever since.

I called them in December and they told me they had one that they "thought" worked, which was the F-150 model. When they told me they were redesigning in Feb. I just decided to wait.

sirwankel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just ordered a DZ43300 because they said it would fit my 09. Guess i'm getting that returned or swapped out

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thank you for reminding me about this.. my paint is getting all Fukked on my 2011. I just sent Deezee an email on there site. see what I get for a reply. mine was purchased back in July 2013. and I went away for work and forgot about the issue.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well I sent Deezee the email 4 days ago, with the order info from the website I bought it from, Received an email this morning they are sending me the new kit even though my order was from July 2013..

Major props to Deezee and there customer Service!!!

Gill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for this info!!

I bought a model 43300 in October and after reading some issues guys were having I never opened or installed it. Reading about scraped paint and rubbing, left me a bit concerned. I just emailed Deezee hopefully they will exchange it for the new model.

Gill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well so much for Deezee's great customer service. They told me to contact the reseller I purchased from. So Deezee re-designs the kit because of issues, and they won't exchange a brand new unopened unit for the new design?? So basically I have to install the previous kit, and if scratches my truck they will exchange it...ridiculous.

Hopefully AutoAnything helps me out...

smiley87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I had same thing happened. I emailed them back and told them that the reseller does not cover manufacturer defects and they emailed me back that a new one would be mailed out that day

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone installed the new kit yet? Does it fix the problem?

Mine should be getting here today. Just want to make sure it works before installing.