Def tank went out again 3rd time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane R Tedhams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel
Back here again for a final time with this issue hopefully. 2014 1500 Ecodiesel Def tank went out again. P203e, p241d, p203f(I think). Long story short the last 2 times I just syphoned out the def and replaced with distilled water and it worked like a charm. Well the second time I had to reset the tank in Alfaobd. Either way I haven't had this much of a headache the last two times I did it. For those who are wondering the OEM tank comes with an integrated sensor that likes to let the def crystallize to it. Below is a list of things I've tried and where I am at now.

1. Syphon out def fluid and replaced with 8 gallons of warm to hot distilled water.

2. Disconnect battery cables and let capacitors discharge overnight to reset ecu. Even tried zip tying pos and negative terminals.

3. Def tank reset, dosage, pressure, and leak tests in alfaobd in ecu test. Also, deleted offset values.

4. Turning off def tank in bcm, switched to off road package, and even changed vehicle model.

Really what I am trying to do is reset the ecu or make the tank work without replacing it because if I can get it to work FCA can do the AEM recall on it and give me the 4 year warranty that covers the emissions system and will replace the tank.

If anyone has any ideas or threads pertaining to this, feel free to drop by and let me know. Thank you!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Talk to your dealer, and bring it in for the recall. They should cover it as it's an emissions issue, the whole stipulation for the recall

OP
OP
S

Shane R Tedhams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel
Talk to your dealer, and bring it in for the recall. They should cover it as it's an emissions issue, the whole stipulation for the recall

Thanks I contacted them and Chrysler. Dealership said they will get ahold of their area manager and tech advisor for Chrysler to see of there is something they can do. Chrysler put a ticket in for the recall manager to call me.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Have you pulled the injector and steam cleaned it?

Aharleyguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is there a recall on the DEF system ? I have not heard of this as yet? Truck is out of warranty and the gauge is stuck about a 1/4 from empty. starting to get the P203E code. I think the sending sensor is gone bac in the tank, in which you can not replace.
YOu have to replace the tank ? This is BS, what else.
If you know of a recall please let me know.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Is there a recall on the DEF system ? I have not heard of this as yet? Truck is out of warranty and the gauge is stuck about a 1/4 from empty. starting to get the P203E code. I think the sending sensor is gone bac in the tank, in which you can not replace.
YOu have to replace the tank ? This is BS, what else.
If you know of a recall please let me know.

You can check for open recalls here: recalls.mopar.com

Kaitlin
Ram Cares