Defective etorque 2019 Ram Hemi, now 3weeks backordered!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lukeplott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi etorque
Finally, the third Ram dealer agreed the etorque us defective and pulled the truck off the road (VOR).

Initially the new etorque was scheduled for Dec 21, then Jan 3 and now today the service manager called to tell me Jan 9, maybe.

Is this still even made for the Ram? Two of the dealers told me this was a discontinued engine. Also, I need the truck, can they just keep it off road for a month or two waiting fir the part?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SUH, I read that, and cannot keep it sane or clean, they R pulling yer leg HARD !!!

CAVEAT: Someone on here needs to chime in on the E torque, I just have the VVT motor.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, they are still making the etorque some dealers that's all that they have on their lots now, what's wrong, is it the generator that's mounted on the engine, or the 48v battery pack, I assume you can't drive the truck, i would bring it to another dealer, call and tell them what the problem is before you take it there, The Etorque is under warrantee for 80,000 miles doesn't matter your truck is a 2019.

OP
OP
L

Lukeplott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi etorque
Yes, it is the generator that is mounted on the engine. Chrysler has it as a VOR and I cannot drive it. It is not safe. The two previous dealers just said it was okay when it clearly was not.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I have a 2018 classic and don’t have the etorque but My understanding is that the etorque is also the starter to crank the motor over and also provides the start stop function. Not only that but the trucks transmission is tuned for the etorque. If the unit is bad the ability to not crank the engine over would be sufficient grounds to say it’s not road worthy.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 2018 classic and don’t have the etorque but My understanding is that the etorque is also the starter to crank the motor over and also provides the start stop function. Not only that but the trucks transmission is tuned for the etorque. If the unit is bad the ability to not crank the engine over would be sufficient grounds to say it’s not road worthy.
It still has a 12V starter on the engine for the initial / cold start.

Lazer01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I had a bearing go on my alternator (etorque)
I have been waiting almost 7 weeks.
They tell me no stock.
Fortunately I have been in a rental.
Not happy it’s taking so long.