"Device Not Supported" message won't go away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
no I have not. I wasnt aware anyone outside the dealership could do that. Do you know the steps to doing that on a 2019 Ram
You can do it yourself. PM me your Gmail address and I'll get you the files you need. The dealership charges an exhorbitant amount so it's our duty to get you squared away for free!

Sunnibobs47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having the same issue/error as well with my UConnect 8.4/5C head unit...2020 1500 Big Horn Crew 4 x 4 5.7L; coincidentally, my wife's iPhone was plugged in at the dash/console media hub when this happened.

I couldn't get the error message to stop cycling long enough to reset/reboot/respond to the usual touch functions. RAM dealer did the hard reboot/updates/etc. Monday 02.12.24 and the same message came back yesterday 02.13.24.

I've got a new media hub from RAM parts, will install tomorrow 02.15.24 and update the chat accordingly on the matters at hand.

Sunnibobs47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my attempts to troubleshoot this ongoing error I found the following (all hubs continued to supply charge/power but no media connection to head unit):
- removed the head unit ensemble from the dash & disconnected all plugs from all components within for a full 24-hrs (reset/discharge period)
* top 12-V charging socket cable
* 8.40-in Display Screen's fakra cable
* UAV GPS Navigation Radio Module plugs - fakra/hvac/harness/sensor/control cables
(Error message reappeared upon reconnection of everything)

- removed center console to test each media hub's connection/wiring/pins and tested to see if error message appeared after each of the following:
* center console extension connectors for all media hubs/inverters plugs/led lights within the center console ensemble, disconnected all plugs & error message disappeared
* hub #1 usb/aux/usb-c ensemble under adjacent to center dash, disconnected all plugs & error message stayed so reconnected it
* hub #2 usb inside arm rest, disconnected all plugs & error message stayed so reconnected it
* hub #3 usb/aux/usb-c ensemble for rear seat connection, disconnected all plugs & error message stayed off; so reconnected it & error message re-appeared...
= pulled hub #3 out of the center consoles mounting spot for back seat connectivity/charging
= left the 2 plug connectors (grey & black only) hanging out the hub #3 hole
= replacement hub #3, will connect both plugs accordingly & then will push back into hole from the back seat.

The center console is back in its finished position and fully mounted. All other sockets are operational & the head unit fully functioning (CarPlay / all media selectivity / phone / bluetooth / Nav / etc.).

The new replacement is $120 - $220 online or dealer will install for $488+tax (USD)...I'm to cheap & enjoy learning / troubleshooting / helping other DIY'ers. I'll test the circuit board & see what components are compromised & their respective replacement costs (if any). I'm also looking for used anytime its reasonably sourced & priced...will follow-up with my solution.