Di-Noc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anybody ever worked with the carbon fiber vinyl Di-Noc? I've seen pictures of it and it looks really cool and most likely cheaper than buying a full dash kit. Tip?advice?experiences?pics?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The stuff looks great, downside is the edges can peel in cold winters. I pulled mine off for that reason.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that would be a big concern up here in Alaska. I wonder if you wrap the edges around, if it would help. But that might present another issue with fitment because most of the pieces fit together pretty snug

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cheaper than a dash kit? When I was pricing carbon fiber vinyl out a few weeks ago, a 12" x 36" was $75...

Ended up going with a cheaper product that actually looks great and seems to be easy to work with - since it was my first time messing with this stuff, I figured a $7.99 chunk of 3d carbon fiber (12" x 60") would be perfect. Even though it was CHEAP, it seems to be holding up just fine on the every day, high use areas I've put it.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used it for the dash of an old car. Works really well. Easy to apply and looks nice.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Crazy_luck, where did u find the cheaper stuff you are talking about?

I just meant that the big "full" kits are around $500 I think, figured I'd give something cheaper a try before I buy one of those

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've used the 3M stuff to make vanity pieces on home audio speakers and subs and it was super easy to use. I just wrapped some tweeter pods and those turned out like crap so there is a bit of a learning curve to making the stuff stretch and sit right without wrinkles so start small with a complex curve and learn from there.

jhorst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used that on lots of the interior parts on my 06 Charger. Even had it on the door pillars on the exterior (similar to those stupid black ones on my truck now from the factory). It held up pretty well. I ended up pulling the stuff off the interior an hydrodipping it. I am by no means a professional but actually had it come out pretty nice. Bought everything from my dip kit.com or something like that. Not sure if you like to tinker around with things like I do but you could try that. I also even covered a pillar gauge pod in actual carbon fiber mat, but that was really difficult.

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used that on lots of the interior parts on my 06 Charger. Even had it on the door pillars on the exterior (similar to those stupid black ones on my truck now from the factory). It held up pretty well. I ended up pulling the stuff off the interior an hydrodipping it. I am by no means a professional but actually had it come out pretty nice. Bought everything from my dip kit.com or something like that. Not sure if you like to tinker around with things like I do but you could try that. I also even covered a pillar gauge pod in actual carbon fiber mat, but that was really difficult.

I didn't know dipping was possible for a DIY'er or even sold in kits like that! That's badass! Thanks for the info. :favorites13:

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Try metro restyling dot com or top vinyl films dot com.

Tips: Practice. Don't do it in the sun. Have a heat gun handy in case you need to stretch it a bit, but the di-noc, is not very stretchable if I remember correctly. Use some rubber cement or something quick curing on the back side of the piece so it doesn't peel up from heating up and cooling off from the elements. But again, the di-noc shouldn't stretch much. If it does it will distort the carbon fiber look.

Use sharp blades and a good squeegee/window film applicator. Work in small sections. Sometimes less is more in that wrapping everything in CF might be very tacky.

Pics when done please!

DARKNHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
DiNoc is more architectural grade... For buildings, 3M developed the Scotchprint line of Wrap Grade vinyls that are nicer to work with on compound curves. Additionally for those whom may be worried about edges lifting, use the 3M primer94 on a clean prepped surface and you wont have a worry in the world if applied right..